For you mod ho's out there.

Lou wait till Vegas and ya can see what's NEW on my bike
race.gif

I look more to the over all performance and function of the bike. I am not really into alot of "bling" on the bikes. Looks good and I can sit back and say that is nice..must of taken you alot of time/money...just not for me. Next is a PCIII to fix my bike running too rich and then other than cutting on my rear fender some more I will be done. Just want to get out and ride and have a good time.

My bling mods so to speak just a tank bra with kanji and harris Busa grips but to me the best mod is the pcIIIusb and Full exhaust really makes a difference and it adds extra bling also

I have also gone for a combination of the categories, but without really noticing it. For performance, the full Devils, PC III, Muzzy fan, Pilot Powers
Function: Tobin pilot's seat, V-Flow windscreen, Acumen gear indicator and Shift Light, hump storage, aftermarket foot pegs, heavy throttlemeister, stem stand, sliders, alarm
Appearance: painted inners, custom (read built in the backyard) undertail, relocated plate, grab rail mod, second skin tank bra, kanji painted on the hump.
I guess I am leaning more towards appearance for now (Saving for Blue Guages) - but I would love to galfer Bessie out....

I'm one of the few that leaves his ride 100 percent stock. For me, this beast is more than I can handle anyway! But I do enjoy reading and seeing others making their bikes faster and better looking, etc.. My mods are big ones, I buy a new bike every other year, hehe! Ohhh where art thou 07 Busa? I am ready, cash in hand!!!
smile.gif

I'm into making it more comfy myself. The bike has more power than I really need at this point, but if I get into racing that could change. I do want to try a DB windscreen though might help with the windblast.
smile.gif

Mods in order;
1)yoshi full exhaust/pair valve
2)UFO undertail
3)BMC air filter
4)Clear front turn signals/HID headlight
5)+1 raising links and change to 180/55 profile tires.  Next set of tires will be 190/55!
6)Carbon loraine brake pads
7)Ohlins internals, bike is still in shop, should get it back Monday!!!  
biggrin.gif

Mods I want but can't afford;
1)Ohlins rear shock
2)Radial brakes/SS lines
3)Custom paint job, the bike is 4 yrs old, needs new paint
biggrin.gif

4)HID highbeam
5)Double bubble
6)Carbon Fiber wheels
7)Big bore
the list goes on...

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1144455698 -->

biggrin.gif

I have always gone by the......"If it doesn't make it FASTER, LIGHTER, QUICKER...then I don't need it!"
cool.gif

Okay, there are several gajillion mods to be had for our bikes.  The Busa gets more mod action than any other bike, so far as I can tell.  Well, HD's probably HAVE to have mods just to be functional but I'm only talking about OPTIONAL mods here!  
biggrin.gif

Three kinds of mods, actually:  Appearance mods (eg bling), Performance mods (eg PCIII) and Functional mods (eg Frame Sliders).

Which ones are you spending your bux and your time on?

And for those of you like me who are really only into it for the ride, do you feel like you no need to put mods on your bike and you're just plenty happy admiring everyone else's mods and pocketing the cash for your next case of brews?

biggrin.gif

--Wag--
I'm down with "performance and function" mods but couldn't give a flip about bling...also when I mod for performance?...I'm not looking for peak rwhp bragg'in rights...instead?...I'm in search of "enhanced drive-ability"...I prefer a state of tune that delivers ultra linear throttle response w/ enhanced "across the board" power delivery..as that seems to work best for me in regards to decreasing acceleration times and throttle/power consistancy.

and in my book?..setting up the suspension is just as important as smoothing up the engines enhanced power delivery.

Oh...and since I'm real free about sharing tuning tips and experience?..I let others buy me the beer. LOL!

L8R, Bill
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|JINKSTER
Reason for Edit: None given...|1144502173 -->

biggrin.gif

i bougth my red and black 05' used but it has a d&d full 4int1 exhaust, undertail kit, integrated signals, billet chain guard, those gel cap and gauge cluster covers, a red double bubble windshield, and a tre. i hope to do a little more but with the family and kids funds are always in demand for other things. now i a m just happy to be back in the wind.

Started with Comfort... Heli bars, Corbin seat, ZG Double Bubble and Lowered Pegs. Got into a fight with a mailbox and the Insurance company encouraged me to add some bling like front and rear Chrome Wheels, Chrome Swingarm, LED Integrated Taillight, Puig Screen and Custom Gauges. Since there was a little left over I added the HMF High Rise Duals, PC3r (Freebie! With JC Map in a raffle from the .ORG), MPS Air Shifter and Air Box Mod. Right Now she's getting stretched, a new 530zzz Chain, 16 tooth Sprocket in the front and a new Michelin Pilot Slick mounted to the OEM Rim. Next will be a 30 shot of dry NOS but that will be in a month or two after I get used to her new setup.
Other than that I haven't really done much...

Where does one find these BUELL PEGS and how much do they cost?
You find them at a Harley Davidson Dealership and they cost $25 a set. There is a write up on them that gives part #'s as most of the counter jockeys at H-D Stealerships have a hard time tying their shoes much less actually look up something and order it. That's why they wear boots.

I have corbin seat with extra narrow design, and passenger seat with backrest. Bar Risers, DB puig screen, Pilot Powers, hump mod and 1/4 turn fasteners, and the most recent and most impressive mod so far....is the mirror extenders. Holy shnikees, they make for a full view behind me on both sides. I love it.

Also have the Centerstand.

<!--EDIT|HayaVegas
Reason for Edit: "add centerstand"|1144908268 -->

I only got 5k miles on it now...prolly looks for this year and turbo for next...
super.gif

<!--EDIT|hydrabusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1144918869 -->

Mods
rock.gif
??

What's that ... I kept my last bike BONE STOCK

BikePics.com

Why would you want to alter a perfectly good bike

firedevil.gif
firedevil.gif
firedevil.gif