For you mod ho's out there.

Wag

Evil Demon Busa Rider
Donating Member
Registered
Okay, there are several gajillion mods to be had for our bikes. The Busa gets more mod action than any other bike, so far as I can tell. Well, HD's probably HAVE to have mods just to be functional but I'm only talking about OPTIONAL mods here!
biggrin.gif

Three kinds of mods, actually: Appearance mods (eg bling), Performance mods (eg PCIII) and Functional mods (eg Frame Sliders).

Which ones are you spending your bux and your time on?

And for those of you like me who are really only into it for the ride, do you feel like you no need to put mods on your bike and you're just plenty happy admiring everyone else's mods and pocketing the cash for your next case of brews?

biggrin.gif

--Wag--

biggrin.gif

Mine are based on #1 Comfort
tounge.gif
and #2 Handleing
face7.gif
 (brake lines) then #3 A little Appearance
idea.gif
! More on comfort (pegs, seat, Heli bars, throttlemeister and maybe a screen)

Of course then there is the GPS and Lights (for nights on those lonely back roads)  
slider1.gif

And later polishing and repainting (power coating) the wheels
race.gif

Good thread. 1. My main concern is function i.e. frame sliders, buell pegs, lowered rear, probably get a DB sport tour screen next week. I do commute on my Busa 55 mi. round trip, 5x a week. I figure it is sorta fast enough right now. 2. I have the bolt on cans for a little sound, although I do like the stock sound too. 3. Not really any bling for me!

<!--EDIT|Poppy
Reason for Edit: None given...|1144369886 -->

I like to dabble in all areas of improvement....just check out my sig

Okay, there are several gajillion mods to be had for our bikes.  The Busa gets more mod action than any other bike, so far as I can tell.  Well, HD's probably HAVE to have mods just to be functional but I'm only talking about OPTIONAL mods here!  
biggrin.gif

Three kinds of mods, actually:  Appearance mods (eg bling), Performance mods (eg PCIII) and Functional mods (eg Frame Sliders).

And for those of you like me who are really only into it for the ride, do you feel like you no need to put mods on your bike and you're just plenty happy admiring everyone else's mods and pocketing the cash for your next case of brews?

biggrin.gif

--Wag--
Here are some recent ones

For me, it has to make you go faster or stop better. Form follows function. No Bling, just the real thing.

GrabN'Twist.

biggrin.gif

Whats a mod
rock.gif
I ride stock Busa, but somehow wallet becomes empty when I ride the Busa.

grab - you have nice aftermarket supplie(s) on your bike - How fast does the Bike-a-Busa go...Is it fast like Ducati Monster 600 - I hear they fast, and have scarey name, so they must be the fastest.

I like putting my ear to exhaust, and giving the gas to the grip..sounds and feels real neat. I want Dub wheels and want to be on Pimp-My-Bike when they make that show.

Peace Out

Whats a mod
rock.gif
I ride stock Busa, but somehow wallet becomes empty when I ride the Busa.

grab - you have nice aftermarket supplie(s) on your bike - How fast does the Bike-a-Busa go...Is it fast like Ducati Monster 600 - I hear they fast, and have scarey name, so they must be the fastest.

I like putting my ear to exhaust, and giving the gas to the grip..sounds and feels real neat. I want Dub wheels and want to be on Pimp-My-Bike when they make that show.

Peace Out
Dubs? spinnas right...cool

Okay, there are several gajillion mods to be had for our bikes.  The Busa gets more mod action than any other bike, so far as I can tell.  Well, HD's probably HAVE to have mods just to be functional but I'm only talking about OPTIONAL mods here!  
biggrin.gif

Three kinds of mods, actually:  Appearance mods (eg bling), Performance mods (eg PCIII) and Functional mods (eg Frame Sliders).

biggrin.gif

--Wag--
Here are some recent ones

For me, it has to make you go faster or stop better. Form follows function. No Bling, just the real thing.

GrabN'Twist.
I think we're in the same club
the ones who spend a shitload to go faster

biggrin.gif

Haven't had busa long. So far the mods been appearance and comfort with a little safety along the way(HID). NOw that I am about done with way I want it to look probably start on performance mods.

Man. I haven't really done anything for looks. In fact, if anything, there's a only a few more chips and scratches.
sad.gif
I've spent a bunch of cash on a good exhaust, a PC, a quick shifter, Galfer SS lines and pads (hopefully next will come the rotors...if my wife doesn't divorce me first!). Seems like oil changes are always around the corner. And I take back the appearance thing...I did get an undertail to get rid of that god awful rear end.

Pair valve mod here, a double bubble, PC and exhaust. I also looking into ss brake lines and an undretail.

I'd like to go for a mix of the three...although I need to have a working bike in order to do so.
down.gif

If the bike were running, it would be a nice blend of Performance, Function and Appearance.

In that order.
smile.gif
Only thing is that I'm just too broke to do the big stuff. Mebbe if I sell a lung...

Not a big bling guy, but I do go for a little bit. I prefer to spend my limited funds on performance. I'd rather go fast than pose. If I could afford to do both, I probably would.

ohh....start is bling with a zero gravity chrome windshield...and the helmets and matching jackets for us....next i plan on doing the screen thing (lowes up here only has hinged gutter that is 3 ft x6 inches approx...want roll and a bit more flexable) then i want to do the performance thing after break in

I bought mine used so it already had some mods on it. I added frame sliders and an alarm. That's about it. I could care less about going faster and as long as it doesn't look totally rashed up, I'm okay with the looks of it. (I put one of those silver gel thingies on my gas cap, though!
biggrin.gif
)

I'm just in it for the ride!

--Wag--

I only did the low budget mods, cuz of well.... a low budget.
Must save for a rear tire now. And when that happens the rear rim will get polished. By me of course........
cool.gif

ChrisJP, you can buy preformed fairing screens from "rpm9001" - send him a PM or email. He charges $39.95 for a full set for the fairing side panels and tail section. They fit real well and sure beat spending hours making your own!

Where's Corry, PA?

Ed

I only did the low budget mods, cuz of well.... a low budget.
Must save for a rear tire now. And when that happens the rear rim will get polished. By me of course........
cool.gif
i heard that... low budget mods!  WOOT!!

take for instance mine... mototeck undertail... most expesive mod i've bought and it was a group buy!
Heli bars... long story short FREE! THANKS ROBOPTI!!!
Throttlemeister... cheaper from Charles @ Street&Track
DB windscreen... the cheapest one i've seen online through Oneida Suzuki.com
Adjustable lowering links... ordered when i bought the bike so they rolled the price into the bike.

<!--EDIT|TSgt
Reason for Edit: None given...|1144421782 -->

Back