? for those of you who sell on eBay

gtrpimp76

S.Q.U.I.D. Extraordinaire
Donating Member
Registered
What's a pretty good "unspoken, unwritten" agreeable timeframe to expect payment for a sold item. I sold my first item on eBay Sunday night, sent the winning bidder an invoice, waited till today to do a courtesy followup just so we can establish communication and I haven't heard anything as of yet. I made the rookie mistake of not stating my timeframe of when payment is to be expected. But now, on high dollar items, I've made it clear that i expect payment within 24 hours or I will report NPB.

He has a pretty good feedback rating (99%) and most of the buyers who buy from him had very positive things to say about him and he seems to be buying items similar to mine. I think he may own a pawnshop or music store.

How long do you other eBayers wait for payment. I don't want to have to report a bidder that prolly hasn't been to his computer as of late or maybe doing some holiday errands and is busy, but...I will report him as a NPB (non paying bidder) if I have to. Thoughts?

Give it a little more time. Things are busy for everyone these days. You sent out the courtesy notice. Give it til Friday and then right after XMas step up your request. Don't be afraid to use E-Bay to help collect.

Give it a little more time.  Things are busy for everyone these days.  You sent out the courtesy notice.  Give it til Friday and then right after XMas step up your request.  Don't be afraid to use E-Bay to help collect.
That's what I wanna do. I just want to make sure I'm not being too much of a push-over. Thanx for replying TallTom

3 business days MAX is what I usually go by. At least having contact in that period of time (I just had my first customer pay by money order and that slowed things down a bit!)

But like he said, it's christmas, give them a little leeway and from now on ALWAYS state your payment expectations.

Though I'm not an avid eBayer, I've had great luck with everything I have bought over the years...I did order something small for Mike from eBay last week and it arrived earlier this week, so even with the busy season, stuff's shipping out...

I guess it depends on who you're dealing with; I do always pick sellers that have a reputation for being prompt...
smile.gif

I would say 3 to 5 days for contact from buyer. Payment, I will wait until the next Friday. Which is normal payday for most people. Holidays? I would give them a little extra time. You really don't want to pull the string to fast. The only thing you are out of is your time.. Which is what makes Ebay great...
beerchug.gif

I say 48hrs or on high $$ items I get a instant down
payment and give 5 days for final payment..

All of you have been awesome!! I followed all yer advice, waited patiently, and he finally contacted me the other day and came through with payment a couple hours ago!
beerchug.gif

A little patience does pay off I guess, pun intended.
thumb_up.gif

But paypal charged me almost $30 bucks for the transaction fee and I had to upgrade to the premier account. Now, about those insertion fees. Does ebay send a bill to your paypal account or did I already pay that through the paypal fees that I just paid?

10 days, then file dispute/claim via eBay & PayPal...you'd be surprised how they "waken" up when they get the email from them...

But paypal charged me almost $30 bucks for the transaction fee and I had to upgrade to the premier account. Now, about those insertion fees. Does ebay send a bill to your paypal account or did I already pay that through the paypal fees that I just paid?
Feebay will adjust your charges. Just look in your account.

I have found that selling on feebay is just that. A fee for everything. Seem's to be getting very expensive anymore.

r8

paypal hits u for around 3 percent of your take.
allways put in your ebay add how long they have to make payment,
ebay will not help u at all if you sell something and do not put this in, if the buyer come back three weeks later and pay you, you had better still have what they won, i have had first hand knowledge of that.

+1 all. I've done plenty of selling on fleabay as well, and i ALWAYS state "payment to be made within 48 hours of end of auction or second chance offer will be made to next high bidder". That way my a$$ is covered if i don't feel like waiting for them. I guess it works out okay, because my ebay rating is 100% with over 200 sales. Another thing I tend to do is accept paypal only as payment. That way you dont get the guy who doesnt contact you, but sends you a money order, then complains when you sell his stuff out from under him.

Back