SELLING ON EBAY

Dulimon

Registered
I WILL BE POSTING THE 2004 BLK/PURP BUSA ON THE BOARD HERE FOR SALE ON EBAY OVER THE WEEKEND. I'VE NEVER SOLD AN ITEM ON EBAY SO ANY SUGGESTIONS AND EXPERIENCE OTHERS HAVE HAD PLEASE PASS ALONG. I WILL BE POSTING NUMEROUS PHOTOS FULL TO DETAILED CLOSE-UPS OF COMMON WEAR ITEMS...SOME QUESTIONS 1. HOW LONG SHOULD I RUN THE AUCTION. 2. COLLECTION OF PAYMENT. 3. JUST WHAT TO EXPECT. THANK YOU...GERMAIN

1) Run a Week. 2) Certified Check or Paypal with a surcharge for fees You will need to get around 5% If they use both pp and a card. 3) Collect a non refudable deposit within 24 hours of the sale. You will get some scammers, some stupid questions, some real bad lowball offers, and a few good honest buyers. put some kind of overlay like your name or email address over your pics so one of the $3995 scammers do not steal your pics. Make Yourself easily available to potential buyers (phone number and email) This will show them that You are not a scammer. Good luck.

Why are you selling it Germain? Did I miss that thread?
sad.gif

As for Ebay...we put my Harley on it, ran it for 7 days, pretty much did everything mentioned above. Best thing to do is to keep in touch with anyone having questions...

Make sure you state in the ad that you are selling it "As is", so they can't come back at ya with any stupid repair costs. And also state that the buyer is responsible for shipping costs. And list EVERY ding, dent, scratch or mechanical flaw that you know of.

We sold our truck on EBay.. wasn't that bad. EBay has a "how to list.." walkthrough. Be sure to read that first.

Hey Michelle!! How are you and the hubby? Yep we are selling the bike...My job discription has changed and we'll be traveling 6-8 months out of the year. Buy the time things start to slow hopefully the 06 will be out. The bike is posted in the classifieds section. Hope you two are getting in some late season riding. We will be riding with Martin (04BusaVa) this weekend if the weather and schedules work. Have a good one.

Hey Michelle!! How are you and the hubby? Yep we are selling the bike...My job discription has changed and we'll be traveling 6-8 months out of the year. Buy the time things start to slow hopefully the 06 will be out. The bike is posted in the classifieds section. Hope you two are getting in some late season riding. We will be riding with Martin (04BusaVa) this weekend if the weather and schedules work. Have a good one.
I'm sorry to hear that you're having to sell it, but I can see not keeping it with all of that travel time!

Have fun riding before it's gone...give Martin my best!

I haven't been riding at all...hurt the hell out of my back and I'm on week 6 or 7 of trying to get better...
sad.gif
Oh, and hubby's doing fine, thanks for asking...
smile.gif

Good luck selling it Germain...hope you get another one day...stay in touch if you can!
smile.gif

smile.gif

Back