For the lack of sounding...

runeight

why ask why
Donating Member
Registered
Greetings,

New stands forth coming for the Busa. Front and rear. Need to do the kick stand mod ASAP.

Is there a trick to raising the Busa? Does it take two to do this? I would think so.

Give me your thoughts and suggestions. Don't want to drop her.

hogger...

If your refering to the stands, one person can do this with practice.....
I like to use the grab rail, makes life easier...

That's why I always leave the grab rail on, makes it much easier to handle.

I always get someone to hold the bike while I lift it but I am just cautious. Take care of your ten thousand dollar bike or risk it to avoid 20 seconds of help. Hmmmmm.

I'd get help. Even when you've become confident there's still a chance it might get away from you.

I always get someone to hold the bike while I lift it but I am just cautious. Take care of your ten thousand dollar bike or risk it to avoid 20 seconds of help. Hmmmmm.
this makes sense...

hogger...
+1
Hey hogger...that's why we have wives!
smile.gif
Mine does a good job of holding the busa level while I hoist 'er up on the rear stand. Just takes a few seconds of her time, why chance dropping it. I just don't trust myself enough to do it on my own.

No, that's why some have HUSBANDS!!!!
biggrin.gif

He does the heavy lifting...I'm spotter...
laugh.gif

You can do it yourself fine, but definitely have the grab rail installed. Also, put a 2x6 under the kickstand to get it more vertical - it makes it easier to get the rear stand on.

-PR

After you've done it a time or two you won't even think about it. Make sure you leave your side stand down. Put it on the rear stand first. Hopefully you're using swingarm spools. With spools you don't have to worry about the bike sliding off as opposed to swingarm (flat) plates. If you're worried about your ability to balance the bike by yourself, place the rear stand into position while the bike is on the sidestand, allowing the sidestand side spool to mesh with the V on the rear stand. As you are appling light downward pressure to the stand, grab the handrail and straighten the bike upright. Engage the opposite side V with the other spool. Make sure you have visual evidence that both V's are meshed with both spools. Now just apply downward pressure on the stand and allow it to lift the bike. The front stand will be easy now that the bike is stabilized by the rear stand. After you're finished just reverse the process. MAKE SURE that when you are lowering the bike back down from the rear stand (front stand already removed) that you have the sidestand down. As you lower the bike from the rear stand, pull back on the grab rail as you lean the bike over on the sidestand. This will help ensure that the side stand is locked into position. You don't want the bike to fall after all your work because the side stand was in a neutral or forward position.
sad.gif

I take the hump off and use the bracket, just balance the bike, hold the bracket and push down. Up shes goes.

Before I did the hump mod, I would sometimes place a block under the kickstand to straigten the bike up. Just make sure that it is not past vertical or you may be picking it up on the other side.

Place 2x4 under kick stand. Use the hand rail on clutch side of rear fender to raise bike streight up. Roll stand under spools. Confirm v in spool and press stand down. Piece of cake! Good luck.

Back