Question about bike stands..

sticky6

Registered
Hi,

I'm looking to buy some stands for the bike but I am not sure if they will fit. they are T-Rex sport bike stands.

Front W: 10.5"

Rear wide W: 14.5"
Rear narrow W: ~10"

Another dumb question, do you need two people to put the bike on them or can you wiggle it yourself? If yes, how? Pushing the bike back and forth is annoying when lubing the chain.

Thanks guys.

Cheers.

It's actually safer and easier for one person to place the bike on the stands.

Thanks for the reply man.

So will those dimenstions of the stands fit around my busa's fat ass?

How do you do that? If the bike is on the kickstand, how do you go from there? Shouldn't one person hold it upright?

I put mine on the stands myself a few weeks ago for the first time. Worked my ass off to get it up there. No real good spot to hold the bike when lifting it. My Buell is so much easier and lighter to get on the stands. So yes it can be done but if I had an extra body to help steady the bike I would be happier. Maybe I just need to get used to it or I need a longer lever arm to make the bike easier to lift.

It's not hard to do by yourself just make sure you have the passenger grab bar on. It helps a lot!

Get an adjustable stand, most of the good ones have slides for the actual lifting point. A longer handled rear lift is nice, i had a rather short one and it took a lot of pressure on my bum shoulder to get it lifted, picked up another with a longer hoop and life is good. For the front I prefer stem stand, can remove forks if you ever need to on it.

sticky6 said:
Thanks man. Not sure i'm assuming it's the standard size.

Standard is a 190 series tire. A200 will fit on oem wheel and in a oem swingarm. If either is what you got most any of the stands will work.

From my dunce stool :cookoo:

The stands I'm looking at are adjustable by about 4inches more or less. And made by T-Rex. I have no idea who the best manufacturer is but it's a 100bucks for both.
Front W: 10.5"

Rear wide W: 14.5"
Rear narrow W: ~10"

T Rex are good stands. Pitbull are considered the best but are pricey. I and many others here have Redline and they are very good as well.

For your 1st attempt, highly recommend you have a 2nd person nearby to help you get the bike on stands....unless you're a big/tall/strong dude that can manhandle a Busa.
P.S. Did you get frame sliders installed yet? Also a good idea to have them installed sooner THAN LATER.

Gen I or Gen II, Gen I has an opening in the arse to slide your hand in and grab the subframe, Gen II either use the grab rail if installed or remove the hump and grab the latch / subframe.

I just ease my Gen II up off the kickstand using my left leg on the tail while placing my stand in / on the spool pieces. When the bike is level and securely in the spools I just push the stand handle down lifting the bike. You can also place the stand in / on the clutch side spool piece and slowly start lifting the bike until the brake side is in / on and then continue to lift.

Hope that makes sense. Had a good friend of mine ask me to help him at the first Bash at Wheelers. Long story short $500 repair and he stated I knew I should have done it by myself, second time he had dropped a bike when someone was helping.

I've been using the redline industrial stands for 6 years with no problems.

You can also get a short piece of 2x6 and put under the kickstand. That will get the bike to almost vertical.

You can also get a short piece of 2x6 and put under the kickstand. That will get the bike to almost vertical.

It's been so long I completely forgot about that trick for beginners :laugh:

But great tip :thumbsup:

Back