Bike Stands for a Stretched Hayabusa

FireMedic

Registered
I have an 07 Busa stretched 6" and my pitbull stands for my GSXR1000 wont work. Does anyone have any suggestions on to where to buy a rear stand for an extended swingarm. I have looked at other forums and have talked to flyncycle and they said they do not sell stands for stretched bikes. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm confused. If you had a spool stand for example, why would the length of the swingarm matter ?

I'm guessing because the spool brackets on the swingarm(and not on the extensions)are now too far forward for the lift to catch(just held my Pitbull up to mine and there's no way it would reach the spools before hitting the tire with any more than about a 4" stretch).Do any extensions come with spool brackets attached 3.5" from the rear like on a stock swingarm(just asking because I've never used any and don't remember seeing any on extensions)?

I have the same issue with a myrtle west arm. You need a stand that lifts with the pads under the swing arm not using spools. My arm has no provisions for spools and I assume extensions do not as well. Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

I have the same issue with a myrtle west arm. You need a stand that lifts with the pads under the swing arm not using spools. My arm has no provisions for spools and I assume extensions do not as well. Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

My old Pitbull stand(have had it since '08)also has the pads for under the swingarm though I've never had to use them since I'm still using the stock arm/spools.:thumbsup:

Sorry I didn't explain better -piratediverjeff- is right. Being stretched 6" my pit bull stands do not have the length needed to reach the spools. The stands hit the tire and cannot reach the spoolsliders.

Mine is stretched 3-9 arm and my pitbull stand works fine . I can't use the spool type , I use the pad side that goes under the arm

Mine is stretched 3-9 arm and my pitbull stand works fine . I can't use the spool type , I use the pad side that goes under the arm

But do you think if he threw some rodstock through the axle he could use the spool type stand ?

Didn't think about the height difference, when changing the front tire I just throw a few 2X4s under the front stand to get extra height needed. I'm such a redneck :laugh:

I have a Pit Bull forward-handle rear stand. Will still work stretched, long as not a wide arm...

with extension blocks the spools are still at factory length. I've ran into this problem multiple times. I ended up having to use ratchet straps to hang my bike in my garage lol. Not as convenient as a stand but it worked. I finally got lucky with front and rear stands that I bought at a garage sale that fit the length of my extensions. I dont know what brand they are because the previous owner removed all stickers and decals from the stands. If I find out Ill let you know.

Back