For sale, GSXR? TLR?

Since it has a salvage title, I wouldn't pay more than $1,500. Why, because to put it right, you'll spend another $5,000 to $6,000 ??? ! Been there, Done That :beerchug:

i had a 2003 tiller. I loved that bike. Miss it a lot. But i am sorry even in mint condition a tiller is only good for 3000.00 and i mean in mint. Not wrecked and salvaged like that peice.....Man i miss my tiller:)

i miss my tiller too. even a highly modded tiller is hardly worth 4500. and that is a stretch.

matts phone pics 035.jpg

I could have bought one just like that for $2900 without a salvage title last month, still passed...

Where is everyone finding cheap used tillers?!? I'd kill for less but I've been wanting a tiller or rc51 as a second bike to compliment the 09

Mine is a 01 Tiller and it is in about as good shape as you find one these days. 24k miles and runs great. Yall say they may not be worth $4500 but some are still going for that because they are becoming more of a collectors piece. I never plan on getting rid of mine but if I was to sell it right now, I would ask $4500 for it. Thats how much I love it.

Here is a pic of mine when i had it ready for my last track day. I have a few goodies installed in mine too.
100_5049.jpg

100_5047.jpg

Last edited:
I emailed the guy sellin it and told him his error, he thanked me and said he really didnt know anything about the bike as he's more a Ninja guy? He also changed his ad accordingly. Still kinda odd as it probly says TLR on it somewhere:whistle

I paid $5200 for my 99 TL-R back in May. I hunted around to find a decent one but most were "rode hard, put away wet" or rebuilt. Mint ones are hard to find and IMHO, worth what I paid when they're found.

5008340803_c1eeec9ca5_b.jpg

This one had just 14,000 kms on it when I picked it up, it's just over 16K now. I love riding the thing and can't believe the bad rep they got when new. Fantastic machine and that V-Twin thump is worlds different from generic four cylinder supersports of today. :bowdown:

But $4500 for the one advertised? No way.

I paid $5200 for my 99 TL-R back in May. I hunted around to find a decent one but most were "rode hard, put away wet" or rebuilt. Mint ones are hard to find and IMHO, worth what I paid when they're found.

This one had just 14,000 kms on it when I picked it up, it's just over 16K now. I love riding the thing and can't believe the bad rep they got when new. Fantastic machine and that V-Twin thump is worlds different from generic four cylinder supersports of today. :bowdown:

But $4500 for the one advertised? No way.

Wow that seems pretty steep for a 99. I would only list my 01 at about 4500 if i was to sell it. But that thing sure is purdy tho. You rarely see yellow Tillers anymore and blue and white ones are even harder to find. Beautiful bike :beerchug:

Wow that seems pretty steep for a 99. I would only list my 01 at about 4500 if i was to sell it. But that thing sure is purdy tho. You rarely see yellow Tillers anymore and blue and white ones are even harder to find. Beautiful bike :beerchug:

Thanks! And that was $5200 Canadian (we weren't at par back in May IIRC) plus I really wanted a TL-R and was willing to pay "anything" for a good one. :beerchug:

5007617561_34ff4c8c24_b.jpg

Happened when I bought the '82 Katana 1100 too. :whistle:

10 yr old thread revival... @RedBull where are you?

I admit, I like those TLRs as well...a friend had a low mileage yellow one and sold it, the guy dumped it on the way home...he said he didn't realise how much speed it carried into the corner, panicked and lost the front end...

Back