Trip to Deals Gap

more

DSC00181.jpg

nice pics, sorry to hear about the one that went down. Atleast it looks like everything turned out good for you guys

Great pic's... to bad the Honda took a spill! But, glad your friend wasn't seriously injured......

P.S. just added duct tape to my list of things going with me on my trip.

Glad you'll had a great time I'll be running threw there the next couple of weeks ... Glad everyone made it out safely

soapbox.gif
  TO ANYONE THAT RIDES THE GAP AND SURROUNDING AREAS PLEASE BE CAREFUL ON THE CHEROHALA SKYWAY ON THE NC SIDE.  THERE IS A LONG SWEEPER THAT GETS TIGHT HALF WAY THROUGH AND HAS CLAIMED THE LIVES OF MANY RIDERS.
down.gif
THE TN SIDE IS A GREAT ROAD WITH NO SURPRISES.
soapbox.gif

Back to our regularly scheduled program.

Big E is was great meeting you out in CA and I'm gald to see you're back up and riding again.  Sorry to hear about your buddy I'm glad he is OK.  
BusaBen, some guys from, work and myself are heading up there in the morning.  
biggrin.gif
  So look for more pics soon.

soapbox.gif

Big E? In MD?

Do we have more than one Big E? Is this Efren from Cali?

BTW
Looks like a fun trip!

A friend from NC just took a trip to Deal's Gap...he said you just wouldn't believe it unless you see it...I believe he said he made 5 passes through the Dragon. He had a minor "near" incident because of wet roads, but happy to report and and his friend made it back in one piece...

Looks nice, and glad you guys all made it back (sans duct tape and a bit of road rash) intact!
Nice pics!

soapbox.gif
  TO ANYONE THAT RIDES THE GAP AND SURROUNDING AREAS PLEASE BE CAREFUL ON THE CHEROHALA SKYWAY ON THE NC SIDE.  THERE IS A LONG SWEEPER THAT GETS TIGHT HALF WAY THROUGH AND HAS CLAIMED THE LIVES OF MANY RIDERS.
down.gif
  THE TN SIDE IS A GREAT ROAD WITH NO SURPRISES.
soapbox.gif

Back to our regularly scheduled program.

Big E is was great meeting you out in CA and I'm gald to see you're back up and riding again.  Sorry to hear about your buddy I'm glad he is OK.  
BusaBen, some guys from, work and myself are heading up there in the morning.  
biggrin.gif
  So look for more pics soon.
Yup yup yup. I came into that turn hot. Leaned into it and then realized that it double apexed. I did cross the double yellow center line. By the time I realized I was drifting wide into the opposite lane. It was too late. I was leaned over that I didnt feel comfortable getting on the throttle on the double yellow center lines. Went about 3 feet into the opposite lane. Thank god there was no opposing traffic.

soapbox.gif

Back