2006 GSXR 1K Scam

Twobrothersbusa

Team Gixxer Racing; IDMBT #1
Donating Member
Registered
Got this in response to questioning an ad for a 2006 GSXR.

What a scam...

"Hello,

This 2006 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 with 10,433 miles, runs excellent. This bike has been extremely well maintained with a full service history. It has no leaks or drips and does not smoke at all, slightly used in 100% working and looking conditions with a clear title free of encumbrances and liens.I bought it when i was serving in Fort Belvoir, U.S. Army base near Bethesda, MD and now I am in Alaska.

I have dropped my price to $2900 (purchase price) since this is an Urgent Sale! and I need to sell it before December 15, when I will be deployed in Afghanistan with my platoon replacing the troops scheduled to come home.
If you're interested to conclude this purchase in a timely manner email me your; Full Name and Shipping Address to open a case with eBay they will contact you to explain the entire procedure.
The financial part will be managed by them, which means that you will have a 10 days inspection period before committing to buy the vehicle. In this way both, buyer and seller are 100% covered during the steps of this transaction.

Hope to hear from you soon,
Corporal Pamela Wilson"

I got a similar scam on a Toyota Tundra i showed interest in. Lady said she was in Canada...

Open a case with ebay :rofl: how stupid are they?

Hi,

Thank you for your email concerning my vehicle : 2008 Toyota Tundra 2WD - 20,000 miles . It has a clear title and it is in perfect working condition ,non smoker .
My price on it is US 11,300 $.
I just got divorced and I decided to move (along with my daughter) closer to my parents. Right now I'm located in Canada and the vehicle is here with me. The truck was awarded to me in our divorce. Being a single mother and not having a driver's license I decided to sell it.I am not in a position that allows me to travel and because i wish to sell it as fast and easy as possible i decided that the best way to let it go was online. I am not interested in taking a trade in with me to the dealership because I knew that would be a hassle.
Don't get me wrong but I would prefer to secure the deal through eBay.I believe this protects both buyer and seller and it's the right way to do this. Also because the truck will be shipped from Canada to US I prefer to work with a third party in order to keep the both of us safe in this deal. I will be assured you will buy the vehicle and you will be assured that you will receive it! Basically the money will be sent to them and they will keep it until you will receive the truck and only after you will inspect and drive it they will forward the funds to me.

If you like to receive more information about the truck ,more details about the deal and hopefully if you want to continue please contact me .
Thank you for your time,
Anna

You want a 1k Bad, huh Charlie?

I understand there's a good used bike store up here that's got a bunch of em for decent prices....

Got this in response to questioning an ad for a 2006 GSXR.

What a scam...

"Hello,

This 2006 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 with 10,433 miles, runs excellent. This bike has been extremely well maintained with a full service history. It has no leaks or drips and does not smoke at all, slightly used in 100% working and looking conditions with a clear title free of encumbrances and liens.I bought it when i was serving in Fort Belvoir, U.S. Army base near Bethesda, MD and now I am in Alaska.

I have dropped my price to $2900 (purchase price) since this is an Urgent Sale! and I need to sell it before December 15, when I will be deployed in Afghanistan with my platoon replacing the troops scheduled to come home.
If you're interested to conclude this purchase in a timely manner email me your; Full Name and Shipping Address to open a case with eBay they will contact you to explain the entire procedure.
The financial part will be managed by them, which means that you will have a 10 days inspection period before committing to buy the vehicle. In this way both, buyer and seller are 100% covered during the steps of this transaction.

Hope to hear from you soon,
Corporal Pamela Wilson"

I can why one might think this is a scam but based on the information given i would almost say this person is legit. i have several ways of finding out for you if you wish.

I lived in AK from 2003 to 2006, i bought my busa up their as a matter of fact.

Ft Rich is located in Anchorage AK (Army post) it is attached to Elmendorf AFB (where i was stationed). i have several riding friends that still live in Anchorage, i could ask them to see this bike in person.
Also i could find if this person really exists by talking to my girlfriends brother (Army guy) who happens to know people stationed in Fort Rich who in turn could find this person.

If you want i can ask around. When i was stationed in AK i knew lots of Army peeps that would come back from a deployment buy crap then sell it without a care in the world only because they had no place to store the crap they bought.... Craigslist was huge up there... lots of almost free good buys..

Thanks for your offer, but I'll leave Skydivr to comment on this one...find me anyone and I mean anyone in today's Army that says "clear title free of encumbrances and liens" and I'll show you a scam artist.

Again ,thanks for the offer

I can why one might think this is a scam but based on the information given i would almost say this person is legit. i have several ways of finding out for you if you wish.

Ft Rich is located in Anchorage AK (Army post) it is attached to Elmendorf AFB (where i was stationed). i have several riding friends that still live in Anchorage, i could ask them to see this bike in person.
Also i could find if this person really exists by talking to my girlfriends brother (Army guy) who happens to know people stationed in Fort Rich who in turn could find this person.

If you want i can ask around. When i was stationed in AK i knew lots of Army peeps that would come back from a deployment buy crap then sell it without a care in the world only because they had no place to store the crap they bought.... Craigslist was huge up there... lots of almost free good buys..

I got the same thing on a 06 busa stretched with about 7k in extras. Knew it was a scam but I like messing with them (and cold calls) told him I was interested and he gave me the army story and he was stationed in Alaska... I said what a small world my brother inlaw is the deputy sheriff in the same town! can he pickup the bike?

Never heard back...
Posted via Mobile Device

"encumbrances"?....what is this word "encumbrances" that you speak of????? :laugh:

saw one like this for a busa...
said it was boxed up ready to be shipped, and i couldn't inspect it cause it was in a military holding facility...
what a joke!

at least their english is getting better :laugh:

Better, but not real convincing....here's one I just got!

Mr. JERRY NTAI.
MEVAS BANK
QUEEN`S ROAD
CENTRAL BRANCH,
HONG KONG.
Good Day,
Please kindly accept my apology for sending you this email without your consent. I believe you
are a highly respected personality, considering the fact that I sourced your email from the peoples
search database on the web during my descret search for a foreign partner whom can assist me in taking
this business to it success. Though, I do not know to what extent you are familiar with events. I have
a proposal for you.This however is not mandatory nor will I in any manner compel you to honor against
your will, but I hope you will read on and consider the value I offer.
My name is Mr. Jerry Ntai, I am the Head of Operations in Mevas Bank, Hong Kong. I have a business
proposal in the tune of US$25.2m to be transferred to an offshore account with your assistace if willing.
After the successful transfer, we shall share in ratio of 30% for you and 70% for me. Should you be
interested, please respond to my letter immediately, so we can commence all arrangements and I will give
you more information on the project and how we would handle it.
You can contact me on my private email: ( email address jerry_ntai47@hotmail.com) and send me the
following information for documentation purpose:
(1)Full name:
(2)private phone number:
(3)current residential address:
(4)Occupation:
(5)Age and Sex:
I look forward to hearing from you.
Kind Regards,
Mr. Jerry Ntai.

Better, but not real convincing....here's one I just got!

Mr. JERRY NTAI.
MEVAS BANK
QUEEN`S ROAD
CENTRAL BRANCH,
HONG KONG.
Good Day,
Please kindly accept my apology for sending you this email without your consent. I believe you
are a highly respected personality, considering the fact that I sourced your email from the peoples
search database on the web during my descret search for a foreign partner whom can assist me in taking
this business to it success. Though, I do not know to what extent you are familiar with events. I have
a proposal for you.This however is not mandatory nor will I in any manner compel you to honor against
your will, but I hope you will read on and consider the value I offer.
My name is Mr. Jerry Ntai, I am the Head of Operations in Mevas Bank, Hong Kong. I have a business
proposal in the tune of US$25.2m to be transferred to an offshore account with your assistace if willing.
After the successful transfer, we shall share in ratio of 30% for you and 70% for me. Should you be
interested, please respond to my letter immediately, so we can commence all arrangements and I will give
you more information on the project and how we would handle it.
You can contact me on my private email: ( email address jerry_ntai47@hotmail.com) and send me the
following information for documentation purpose:
(1)Full name:
(2)private phone number:
(3)current residential address:
(4)Occupation:
(5)Age and Sex:
I look forward to hearing from you.
Kind Regards,
Mr. Jerry Ntai.

Definately not convicting....i mean, convincing.

Back