For folks new to a Hayabusa and thinking about the HID mod...

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
Don't Do It. This is one mod I will NEVER do. Perhaps my friendly advice will save somebody a giant hassle.
"I love my HID." "Mine works fine." "Mine...blahblahblah"
"My HID only ruined my whole gauge cluster" "My HID only cuts out once in a while,that's a safety risk I'm willing to take"
"Too each his own"
Rubb.

Previous owner said I have HID but honestly haven't noticed any difference other than the headlight is bright and slightly blueish when on...???

I might have to take a peek under the nose to see though...if it is a real problem (so far I haven't had one) and I do have them, I might consider removing them.

HID was one of the best upgrades i have done , literally, 'night and day'

HID was one of the best upgrades i have done , literally, 'night and day'
I would agree because it was so much better than stock at the time. I have HID on a couple of bikes and LED on others, both bright. Have the HID wired to come on while starting on one bike and to a switch to turn on after starting on another. No problems in either case. Maybe I'm just lucky. LEDs are probably the way I will go for the future until something else comes out, though.

Led's hands down now .
If the Ballasts where put in the correct spots there is no problem, and if the Hids where cheep made in China, you get what you paid for.
I sold hundreds of sets of Hids here, with maybe 5 problems.

Opinions are what we are all about. There are +'s and -'s to everything.
@GIXERHP for instance,knows what he is doing.
Others may not. Weigh the pros and cons.
@bigdr and @BigBSBusa are very smart dudes and I value their opinions but just can't agree with them this time. :p

If brighter lights is something you feel you just can't live without...
Party on. :super:
For me,and my often narrow-mindedness...I will pass.
100% working all the time,without issue, headlights, is more than just a personal preference for me.
Rubb.

But it looks and performs so much better

20181114_122718.jpg

I did like the hid's but without the proper setup like @04LE has above the scattered light was an issue. My other problem was the constant resetting of the cluster and found it near impossible to set my shift light and once I finally did it might stay set for one start up or for a month just never could tell. I love the light I get from the halogens like the silverstar ultras but found them lasting anywhere from 4 months to a few weeks no matter how I installed them. Currently running some LEDs but again my night blindness leaves me always needing more light and im trying all I can not to have to add the driving lights down low on the forks cause while it doesn't look horrible it just doesn't quite fit my bikes look.

Back