foot peg feelers - remove?

george3.3

Registered
I am not hard core (while turning, no knee dragging) by any means i have 1300 miles on my bike since april 15th and still have about 3/4 of an inch on both sides of my tires that have been untouched. do you guys remove your foot peg feelers they catch my attention every time i walk by my bike and the are sooooo ugly to me.

I went with the Buell peg mod and they don't have feelers.. I agree though, I don't like the look of the stock pegs or feelers...

Just to offer a diff opinion, I like them and left them.

So I guess it doesn't really matter.

They're there to warn you that you are at the machine's limit of lean. To lean further would risk hitting hard parts and possibly lift the tires off the ground causing a crash. If you don't want/need the warning, take them off.

Or you could learn to drag knee, then you knee will tell you where the limit of lean angle is so you don't need the feelers.
winkold.gif

Buell  peg mod w/curb feelers..  
laugh.gif
 I like 'em..  
ThumbsUp.gif

edit to add a pic..
winkold.gif

2000_Hayabusa_050__Large_.jpg

They are actually there to "warn" you of the impending doom that awaits you if you lean much further (i.e. exhaust will hit first then bellypan etc)...

If you have 3/4 of an inch of untouched tyre at the edges, i'd suggest your unlikey to ever touch the "hero blobs" down.

I'd be more emabarred about the 3/4 inch unused tyre than the hero blobs
biggrin.gif

Leave em or go aftermarket.

Jza

I went with the Buell peg mod and they don't have feelers.. I agree though, I don't like the look of the stock pegs or feelers...
actually if you buy the buell pegs as a DIY project, there are feelers on them..

I took mine off because I use my bike to run service calls and I wear slacks pretty often.. (cuffs will catch them at the worst time possible)
N00061AD_large290.jpg

funny this topic came up, this weekend i raced at the strip and as i was putting my feet on the pegs after i launched the damn thing got stuck between my leg and boot, that has never happened before lol, i was pist it ruined a really good run!! them suckers are comming OFF!!

funny this topic came up, this weekend i raced at the strip and as i was putting my feet on the pegs after i launched the damn thing got stuck between my leg and boot, that has never happened before lol, i was pist it ruined a really good run!! them suckers are comming OFF!!
enough to scare you pretty good when your foot is stuck down huh? I about tore the cuff off a good pair of slacks... was not a good feeling..

Back