Bike dropped in parking lot, looking for parts

I have a set of original that I can get to you you pay shipping plus $20 Id have to get you shipping price from here so pm with address, the only reason I ask for 20 on the originals is i did same thing cost me 80 bucks to replace one side with originals. Otherwise Id give em to ya for shipping. Let me know

Got what I need, just wanted to say thanks for the offer

Thanks, by the way, your business card turned out awesome

(re: business card/thanks!)

I can totally feel your pain, yo. I'd have been crushed.

===============================================

For anyone else who needs parts/has parts...always remember to check with the board sponsors and also look in the "Pay It Forward" area of the site.

There are plenty of opportunities and new friends to make in both of those cases.

:beerchug:

Welcome rick
and we call those "charactor' marks,,it good to get that out of the way,,,some guys are blessed and it doesnt happen to them,,ive rode 35 yrs and bought my busa brand new in 04,,I was still in the break in period I had just put 30 miles on it,,,I was breaking it in by the book,,not takeing it over[I think 5000 or so rpms] for the 1st 600 miles then 8k or so to 1000 or so mile,,,,,,,They instruct you not to keep it at the same rpm,,[owners maual spec and recommendations for break in period] so that the rings wont set,,and of course , they recommend to gear up and down shift to mat the transmission,,,,,well, I was doing this,,,trying to do the right thing,,,and when I was gearing down as I was comeing up to a stop sign,,when I made my last down shift into 1st, rolling about 10 mph the engine locked from being new and alot of compression and it fell over,,,,I wanted to cry,,,I talked to a couple of the dealers,concerned that the motor had a flaw,,and they read my thoughts,,,sometimes that happens on a fresh bike,at a low speed gearing down into 1st I might have been doing 5-10 if that ,but the new brigstone ,instead of slideing,,It grabbed and the bike fell over ,,,it hasnt ever done this since,,and it only put a scuff on the fairing the size of my thumb,,I was holding the bike up to break its fall,,,Brand new,,with a blackeye,,,,,,but Im blessed it didnt breakanything ,,but you still gotta stare at the scuff mark,,,,I ordered the touch up pain from color rite,,i didnt think it matched very well,but its a small scuff , and i still have the paint if one day feel like redoing it,,,P.S ,,,look our for the false neutral once in a while for about the 1st 1000 miles then it goes away,,,I cant remember,,but I think it was inbetween 5-6,,,,,but was relieved to hear other talk about after it and after about 1k miles ,it disappears,,,

Welcome rick
and we call those "charactor' marks,,it good to get that out of the way,,,some guys are blessed and it doesnt happen to them,,ive rode 35 yrs and bought my busa brand new in 04,,I was still in the break in period I had just put 30 miles on it,,,I was breaking it in by the book,,not takeing it over[I think 5000 or so rpms] for the 1st 600 miles then 8k or so to 1000 or so mile,,,,,,,They instruct you not to keep it at the same rpm,,[owners maual spec and recommendations for break in period] so that the rings wont set,,and of course , they recommend to gear up and down shift to mat the transmission,,,,,well, I was doing this,,,trying to do the right thing,,,and when I was gearing down as I was comeing up to a stop sign,,when I made my last down shift into 1st, rolling about 10 mph the engine locked from being new and alot of compression and it fell over,,,,I wanted to cry,,,I talked to a couple of the dealers,concerned that the motor had a flaw,,and they read my thoughts,,,sometimes that happens on a fresh bike,at a low speed gearing down into 1st I might have been doing 5-10 if that ,but the new brigstone ,instead of slideing,,It grabbed and the bike fell over ,,,it hasnt ever done this since,,and it only put a scuff on the fairing the size of my thumb,,I was holding the bike up to break its fall,,,Brand new,,with a blackeye,,,,,,but Im blessed it didnt breakanything ,,but you still gotta stare at the scuff mark,,,,I ordered the touch up pain from color rite,,i didnt think it matched very well,but its a small scuff , and i still have the paint if one day feel like redoing it,,,P.S ,,,look our for the false neutral once in a while for about the 1st 1000 miles then it goes away,,,I cant remember,,but I think it was inbetween 5-6,,,,,but was relieved to hear other talk about after it and after about 1k miles ,it disappears,,,

Thanks for your comments, much appreciated. Will see how it turns out once I get the paint

Thanks for your comments, much appreciated. Will see how it turns out once I get the paint

You wanna see fresh meat marks?

This is how my bike became known as Patch. This is day one and the bike was not even cooled down from the ride home from dealer.

At first - aahhh! - Then I realized she was naming herself. I was removing the front Suzuki sticker and halfway across the paint just came off!
She now sports a "Patch on the Right Eye":laugh:
Oh Well.

Here she is, Patch, Pat for short.

Bubba

IMG_8754.jpg

IMG_8828.jpg

IMG_9180.jpg

You wanna see fresh meat marks?

This is how my bike became known as Patch. This is day one and the bike was not even cooled down from the ride home from dealer.

At first - aahhh! - Then I realized she was naming herself. I was removing the front Suzuki sticker and halfway across the paint just came off!
She now sports a "Patch on the Right Eye":laugh:
Oh Well.

Here she is, Patch, Pat for short.

Bubba

I feel your pain my friend

Back