rear foot peg rubber removal

dewie

Registered
I am am getting my foot pegs/mounts powder coated soon. I am trying to remove the rubber pads off from the passeneger pegs, I have cut off as much as the rubber as possible but it is stuck in the grooves and I can't get it cleaned up. I tired gasket remover and even a torch to cook it off but it's on there good.. Any help is great..

The Gen I passenger pegs don't have screws. The rubber is moulded right on to the metal. I bought a set of pegs off a dirt bike to powder coat when I did mine. You won't have much for grip on the stock pegs without the rubber.

100_0606.jpg

Yeah passenger pegs are glued on big time. The front peg rubbers are bolted on. I never have passengers on so I don't care if they have a rubber or not but I don't want to blow $40 on new pegs but cleaning off that rubber is brutal. Thanks for trying guys.

I use a torch. Don't be scared to catch them on fire and let them burn for a while. After that the rest will come off with media blasting.

no need to use a torch, just put it in the oven 400F for 30 minutes and rubber will get loose. I powdercoated a few hundreds pegs, used that method every time. I didn't cut any ribber off just heat it up and pull.

After I used a razor blade to cut off the majority of rubber I used the torch and a wire brush and scrubbed the hell outta it and used a bottle of propane but it all came off now thanks again

Back