Folks with the M4 retro drag slipons

kneedraggin636

Registered
Hey folks. I recently acquired a pair of M4 retro drag slipons from another member of the forum and I like them so far.

Is anyone that is running these slipons, running them with a power commander? Are you running them with a PC and an air filter?

This is not the age old question of "do I need a PC for slipons?" I am just wondering what your configuration is with these slipons.

Thanks in advance.

Sous

Donating Member
Registered
Gen II with the M4 slipons, a K&N air filter and no PC. Been like this for at least 1.5 years now and no adverse conditions.

Flicka

Professional Booga Flicka
Registered
I ran them for about 10,000 miles with no PC and stock air filters on my last Busa. No issues at all.

kneedraggin636

Registered
Thanks for the replies so far. I am not worried about hurting the bike, I am just trying to get a feel for people's setups. I eventually want to install a full system at which point I will get a PCV.

Flicka

Professional Booga Flicka
Registered
Thanks for the replies so far. I am not worried about hurting the bike, I am just trying to get a feel for people's setups. I eventually want to install a full system at which point I will get a PCV.

You could always just add a set of Vance & Hines headers and PC to your existing Retro Drag mufflers. :thumbsup:

Here's my 09...

Busa Showing ZG.jpg

kneedraggin636

Registered
Yeah, that would be an idea. I had been eyeing those headers to go with the CS One exhaust. Hmmm, now you got me thinking. Thanks bro!

kneedraggin636

Registered
What do you expect to gain from a PCV?
Dude, I read on the internet that a PCV would give me 50+ more hp at the rear wheel! And if it's on the internet it must be true. Just kidding. With slipons alone I don't expect to gain anything with the PCV. I'm just not sure how uch the ECU will compensate for if I were to add a K&N along with the slipons. Just getting an idea of what people have with this setup that's all.

Cheers!

Latest Bikes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jots