M4 Retro or Jardine??

Adam Philip

Registered
I ordered a pair of M4 retro slip ons last week, which have been delayed. They offered me a pair of Jardine GP style slip-ons as an alternative but I am unsure of them.

Any ideas? Has anyone had any experience with the Jardine GP style slip ons. From the look of the photographs, I personally like the M4's better.

Does anyone know of the sound levels between the two?

1085.739.600x400.18-4019-723-02_6.JPG

M4-EXH-RD-001_is.jpg

1085.739.600x400.18-4019-723-02_6.JPG

M4-EXH-RD-001_is.jpg

i wouldnt put those jardines on any bike with duals, youll have 4 exhaust tips, and it'll look overwhelming imho. the m4s look way better. why not spring the extra cash out for the m4 full system? cant be much more can it?

true that and a tune. i see why people buy slip ons, but i couldnt do it. most people end up selling them for less than a third of what they paid just to get a full system later.

what ever makes you happy, but personally i would buy the full system and drive it till you can get a PC, Bazzaz, or ECU edit setup. wont hurt anything but will run best with a tune.

THe power commander doesn't make as much of a difference on our GEN2's as the older bikes. I would easily drop the extra cash on the full system and not worry about the power commander for now.

Personally I do actually like the look of the GP1's, but I'm confident they would sound like the bike had no mufflers.
Those M4's are supposed to sound very good, not too loud, not to softcock.

The M4 Retro is my exhaust of choice. Even if they are on back order, that is what you originally wanted to get and I think you should wait for what you wanted in the first place.

Where are you getting them from?

The M4 sounds awesome on that bike. Lycan has one and it is music.

Stay with the M4's, there is probably a reason the Jardines are still in stock.

They might look a tad better if they were ceremic black or something,

M4's will do you right man!!!

SeatA.jpg

M4 :thumbsup: all the way the Jardine looks cheap and ugly ,that is why they are in stock if you order then that will their first set of Jardine that they sale :rofl:
:beerchug:

i have those jardine slip on on my bike. They are pretty nice for the $$. However, if thats what youre going for i hope you wanna get noticed cuz they have no baffle at all in them. They are essentially straight pipes. They have quiet inserts that you can put in, but they are a pain in the a$$ and dont cut the noise down at all

She's looking good Zack :thumbsup:

Thanks Brian!

I am actually really, really ready to pull the trigger on a full pipe though.

After reading about Lees Performance tuning the stock ecu for the Sims Busa I am ready for either the M4 or Brocks AH on mine, and let them do the tuning for me.

Thanks Brian!

I am actually really, really ready to pull the trigger on a full pipe though.

After reading about Lees Performance tuning the stock ecu for the Sims Busa I am ready for either the M4 or Brocks AH on mine, and let them do the tuning for me.

M4 = :thumbsup:

M4 looks way better. Best looking exhaust out there. I also suggest you consider going to a full system. Might as well. You will want it later. BTW, if you do not want loud, I don't think M4 is going to stay on your bike long.

You don't want to waste miles on your bike without enjoying the sound and performance of an aftermarket system. If you want CHEAP, buy a set of used slipons and and save for a single pipe full system. That is probably going to give you best performance/weight loss.

If you like loud and want great performance and a great looking pipe, get a Tsukigi Cannon. Brocks CT is really the ultimate system and probably not going to be topped for some time.

I wouldn't buy either personally but it's your bike. As others have stated wait and get a proper full system if you are going to spend the cash... :beerchug:

THe power commander doesn't make as much of a difference on our GEN2's as the older bikes. I would easily drop the extra cash on the full system and not worry about the power commander for now.

You would be incorrect......a proper tune is the most important part after performance upgrades! :thumbsup:

Back