Folks on the East Coast pay attn

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
To Hurricane Earl. If your not watching projected path.
It's supposed to skirt US east coast from the Carolinas north .
Just keep and eye out if you've been working and not watching .

I am beginning to worry...

Omar is flying in to Richmond Thursday night...

We have 20 tickets to a Jimmy Buffett show on Saturday...

Oh, and I live here! Surrounded by H2O...Isabell was a Cat 1 when she hit and damage was bad in the region. Ernesto followed and gave us just as much damage as Isabell, and he was just a TS. We don't know what it'll be like to have a Cat 3 or 4 hit...

Earl, go away... :please:

midatlanticregion.jpg

VA take it from one who's been thru storms all the way up to cat4 it ain't no fun.
I went thru Andrew and was still here to see aftermath .
I went thru three storms in one year a few yrs ago .
It ain't no fun !
Young single without responsibility I sat on the beach in a twenty story building down south for Andrew.
'Hurricane party' and was so drunk I really don't remember it and thank God I didn't have to make any decisions !
Now with family I'll pack , kiss the home goodbye and leave .
The last cat1 (very strong and debate is still out there) took most of my roof off and water was pouring into house. We were barricaded in with no where to go. The ceiling was literally 'breathing' as you could see it going up and down .
I think five yrs came off my life from all the stress.
Anything more than a TS and I'm outta here !

My ex and I toured Homestead after Andrew hit; we were in FL to get married...I was shocked at the devastation and this was a year after it had hit...

We don't get too many bad storms here in VA, but I don't really care to be a part of "the largest one to hit the region in over 100 years" either :laugh:

Heading to the store tonight to stock up, then home to fill fuel containers and gas up the vehicles...time to start picking up, tying down and hiding everything outside too...

My wife is flying in Thursday, I hope they don't cancel her flight. According to the storm maps tho, it should just miss us
Posted via Mobile Device

My wife is flying in Thursday, I hope they don't cancel her flight. According to the storm maps tho, it should just miss us
Posted via Mobile Device

What time is her flight? Omslaw arrives here in the evening, so I'm worried. He's flying in to Richmond.

Ogre's going to be seriously mental if his wife doesn't get to fly in...he's been in helicopter school for ever...and hasn't seen his wife in over 100 days....yikes...I would've exploded by now due to a pressure relief valve or something...:laugh:

My ex and I toured Homestead after Andrew hit; we were in FL to get married...I was shocked at the devastation and this was a year after it had hit...

We don't get too many bad storms here in VA, but I don't really care to be a part of "the largest one to hit the region in over 100 years" either :laugh:

Heading to the store tonight to stock up, then home to fill fuel containers and gas up the vehicles...time to start picking up, tying down and hiding everything outside too...

My mom lives in Alta Vista.....should I be concerned Michelle? She lives alone.

I'm just outside of Avon on the outer banks on vacation. We are watching the storm very closely wondering if we should stay or go. We had planned on staying till Sat. Praying for the best:please:outcome.

Your mom should look into going to a shelter for duration . At least familiarize herself with where they are just in case and if she has pets she needs to make sure they are welcome there as well cuz not all shelters will allow animals .

Sorry Angela, just now seeing this. I had to look Altavista up...it's pretty far inland, so I wouldn't think it's a huge threat to her unless this storm opts to take an extreme turn westward and make landfall...

They've only got watches up for the coastal regions of VA and NC right now...

I'm just outside of Avon on the outer banks on vacation. We are watching the storm very closely wondering if we should stay or go. We had planned on staying till Sat. Praying for the best:please:outcome.

My best friend is in Hattaras for the week and just got word about an hour ago that they have to evacuate...don't wait it out if it looks bad; there's only one way to get off the islands and the traffic jams will be horrible...

I wouldn't worry unless I lived close enough to the water and there is a chance of storm surge.

Hopefully that front that's coming will keep it far enough off shore not to do much damage.

I've been through several Hurricanes and even evacuated a few times which is a major PITA. If anyone needs a place to stay you are more than welcome to come to my home. Door is always open to my org family.

Make sure y'all have plenty of food, water, gas, batteries and ice. I'll be praying for ya!

Not sure how bad we'll get it here, if at all, but I know Isabel was a nightmare and she went more inland and was not even a hurricane when she crossed over me. Last night I stocked up on supplies and squeezed my pride and joy Mustang in a tight corner of the shop near Caesar, covered everyone up and left room for Omar's truck...

I'm as ready as I can be and just hope trees don't come down on my house...flooding isn't an issue where I am, but the winds could wreak havoc...

I wouldn't worry unless I lived close enough to the water and there is a chance of storm surge.

Hopefully that front that's coming will keep it far enough off shore not to do much damage.

I've been through several Hurricanes and even evacuated a few times which is a major PITA. If anyone needs a place to stay you are more than welcome to come to my home. Door is always open to my org family.

Make sure y'all have plenty of food, water, gas, batteries and ice. I'll be praying for ya!

You forgot BEER ! :drink:

You forgot BEER ! :drink:

Hit the store last night and it's hysterical to see what people buy in times such as these...

water, check
cereal, check
bread, check
all the booze you can squeeze in your cart, check

:laugh:

Best one was a lady that was pushing her younger daughter in a cart, older daugher following behind. I only noticed her initially because she was yelling at her youngest child like a white-trash Mom in Walmart would :laugh: then I passed her later on, cart full of cases of beer, not much for the kiddies should we lose power, but hey, Mom will be set :rofl:

Back