FNG sounding off!

The boxer twin is an awesome engine. I can't believe I'm saying that since I used to laugh at them. But the 1200s are good and the 1250 is downright entertaining. I think the Boxer gets the weight so low that these bikes (RT, GS, GSA, RS) are just really fun and effortless to ride. With light parts and wheels, the Busa is a willing turner now too, but the 1250 is in another league.
I recall going to a BMW owners rally with my brother and they were handing out million mile pins. There were 5 bikes and owners getting pins on this rally and a couple bikes looked like they went the distance whereas a couple looked like they were off the showroom floor...the thing that got me is the number of people who already had million mile pins..

I don't reckon there are too many bikes out there that can boast this sort of longevity.

I had a friend who had a Paris-Dakar GS1100 and boy he sure could ride that thing...he used to be a military dispatch rider when we still had them in the '80s.

Opposite for me. I had the Busa (bought it new in 09). It has a ton of upgrades and it is a pretty amazing bike now. Then I decided to add a K1600 GT. I can't tell you how much I hated that bike, Lol. Tried to ditch it when it was only a year old and it had lost half its value. The only way to salvage anything out of the situation was to take a new 2020 R1250GS. I absolutely love the GS, easily the best bike I ever had. Doesn't pull like a Busa but the handling, comfort, and ability to cover lots of roads fast are amazing.

I am told I should have gone with the RT instead of the K16, hindsight is great, isn't it? I don't get buying a new Busa with so many mint used bikes out there with super low mileage. I think the Brembos started in like 2013, but I could be wrong. But as has been mentioned it's the MC and lines as much as the calipers.

Good hunting!

View attachment 1630883
The BMW K1600 GT with my Busa has a custom paint job to match the (now gone, lol) BMW.
View attachment 1630884

Busa still matches the Beemer. I know the R1250 GS is super popular, but it is truly a fantastic bike.

131753354_10158900902569621_7662589362877966783_o.jpg

Back