Best/easiest undertail to install for busa?

umairhashmi

Registered
I have been looking at various undertails for my 2006 busa but im not sure what i should get.Im not a very mechanically inclined person so im kinda looking for something that would be somewhat easy to install and integrates the turn signals into the brake light.Where should i buy one? Any links? Or should i buy it online and then pay someone to install it for me?

if youre not mechanically inclined pay someone to do it. i am pretty good with the hand tools but when i had to cut my stock fender off the directions were pretty crappy about where to cut exactly. being the maniac i am i just cut and hoped for the best. basically you follow the frame until you get to the back then cut straight across. i have a post on here about the install. if you do a seach on it im sure you can find it. it came out real nice. after the cutting it was a piece of cake. i have a hot bodies on mine and i love it.

lowering_013__Small_.jpg

With any aftermarket undertail you will have to cut the rear fender unless you get one that replaces the rear fender. Search for undertails on here and you will find lots of info and pics on what needs to be cut. If you don't PM me and I'll send you pics of mine. Here are a couple more choices.

First, ExtremeGraphics TopGun undertail:

BabyJ30Oct05-9.jpg

Second, one I got of eBay.

MidnightUndertail15Oct05-6.jpg

Installed mine in about 2 hrs. Not to bad. The instructions were pretty clear where to cut the old inner fender. I used a rotozip and buzzed it right off. Cleaned up the ruf edges with a razor knife. Over all went well. This is from Rumble concepts. wireing was easy as read and follow directions. Just wish I could find some white push pins.

Toms_Family_2006_095__Custom_.JPG

Okay im sure i want the top gun now.Looks awesome.Where can i buy it? Url?

Be aware that I changed out the standard EG lights with LED turn signals and brake lights from Libertek. Just don't want you to think that they come with it.

<!--EDIT|BigBSBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1150924282 -->

Usually it don't matter what undertail you get. You will have to cut the factory fender in order to keep your trunk somewhat intact. It will cost you more if you decide to get the replacement for the factory fender in order to have your undertail to fit.

It's not too hard to do it yourself just takes time.

Don't be afraid to hack it up good too
smile.gif
I had to go back about 4 times cuz i hadn't cut enough off each time.

I think im gonna go for the top gun (its like 250 bucks for the painted one). And then take it to a local shop for installation.The guy said they would charge me flat 100 bucks labor.

I think im gonna go for the top gun (its like 250 bucks for the painted one). And then take it to a local shop for installation.The guy said they would charge me flat 100 bucks labor.

$100 for the install is probably worth it, but they'll never do as good a job as you would have done.

Here's what I went through. As you can see from the time of the posts, it pretty much took my longer than most.

Attachments

• post_6_75773_8.jpg
    393.7 KB · Views: 704
Back