Fml

ogre

Call me Liberace!
Registered
so, this is the ironically unfortunate incident thread. FML means ____ My Life. so i'll start.

bought sherlock holmes on blu ray (as well as a couple other titles) tonight. came home to fire up the TV, and the "LAMP" bulb is blinking red. FML

^this is also the proper construction of an "FML" tale.

DSC00671.jpg

DSC00670.jpg

it's a philips, goes in the kds-50a2000 sony. 50 inch rear projection that we bought 4 years ago. found a replacement for 104 shipped. but if you want to send a spare blanca, be my guest, lol. it's just that best buy had a bunch of blu rays marked down, and my wife is off today. we were gonna sit around and veg out and watch movies all day, and now the tv is dead, lol.

I have like 3-4 toshiba bulbs , sorry.

My tv popped bulbs for the 1st 6mos we had it.
Toshiba sent me like 2-3 , then they came out with a recall for tv and that commanded they send all affected folks 3 more bulbs.
So i wound up with like 5 bulbs.

Four years on a rear projection bulb isn't all that bad. I now the timing sucks for you...as if its ever a good time for your TV bulb to go out.
But shop around....you may find 'em at a cheaper price, those TV's are considered dinosaurs now.

That sucks that the tv went out on you last night! I hate it when I have problems with my tv/cable.

mine was 87, plus shipping, which brought it to 104 total, versus the 250 that bby wants.

If his 4 year old TV is considered a dinosaur, what do we call my 12 year old 55' Hitachi? :laugh:

It was state of the art back then and it's still going strong!

Four years on a rear projection bulb isn't all that bad. I now the timing sucks for you...as if its ever a good time for your TV bulb to go out.
But shop around....you may find 'em at a cheaper price, those TV's are considered dinosaurs now.

yea, 50 inch, 1080P with 2 HDMI ports is enough. especially considering that the reciever i use has 3 into 1 HDMI passthrough. takes the 1080p signal and sends the video through, but will run the audio through the receiver.

Back