possible motor damage help

1bad1300

Registered
OK so i am new to the hayabussa, been on a harley befor this so im use to burning a little oil and stuff. Ive only owned this bike for 1.5 moths it was used when i purched it and they checked all fluids when i signed for it. So i go ride the thought crossed my mind to check the oil just cause of habbit with the hog but relized this is diff. well i was wrong ran the poor girl 3 quarts low, noticed the rought ride checked the oil and went and got some to put in took it home and left it for this weekend to well she is smoking now on start up not a whole lot but just a light smoke she has the smell of a weedeater. So any ideas as to how bad she might be hurt, an any tips to help

P.S no oil lights came on or F1 lights came on while i was riding and still are not on so not going to ride it tell i figure how bad it is. i feel like such a rookie. FML

Did you buy it from a dealer or individual ?
If it was a dealer I'd be a bit upset to say the least if
'they checked the fluids' and sent you down the road 3 qts low !

The bike must be off the side stand sitting straight up. Check it again and let us know. Also, I am not sure what damage you could have done running it that low, rings or valves perhaps. Welcome to the oRg. :welcome:

Sounds like it might be overfilled (easy to do if it wasn't upright, as noted above) and the smoke and weedeater smell a result of that.

Did you buy it from a dealer or individual ?
If it was a dealer I'd be a bit upset to say the least if
'they checked the fluids' and sent you down the road 3 qts low !

no it was full when i picked it up it seems to burn a little or alot of oil

im doing an oil change then filling it up ill make sure the bike is up right

glass should be clear when it's on the side stand. When you stand it straight up should be full. If you see oil while it's on the side stand it's way over..

He came from a harley, not a banshee. :poke:

Although, valid question, I suppose. OP, do NOT admit to this if it's the deal. :whistle:

Lmao no I did not use 2 stoke but good looking out so if the bike is on it's kick stand the glass eye should be empty Also I should do this at operating temp bike should be warm right

Yes if it's leaning over all the oil will go over to that side and window will be empty.
If you check it warm it will show only a very slight amount less than cold . If it's warm let it sit for a few minutes cuz then all the oil will drain back down off parts and raise level up a bit . Only a small difference.

Back