FLORIDA BUSA OWNERS - CHECK IN

LuapSouthFlorida

Registered
In the interests of maybe hooking up with some new riding buddies, if you live in the great state of Florida and own a Hayabusa:
  • Where do you live (city / town only)?
  • Where do you day ride (ie not touring)?
  • Which gen busa or year?
  • What color?
  • What mods?
  • Preferred type of riding?
  • Post ONE favorite photo of your Busa
floridamap.JPG

I'll go first. I'm in Lakeport, near lake Okeechobee. Nearest towns are Okeechobee and Clewiston. I'll ride anywhere from Fort Myers area to Fort Pierce or I guess you would say a 2 hour radius. I have a white gen 3 2022 set up for straight line (ie stretched, lowered) which works well here since twisties are pretty much a fantasy I used to know before moving here.
I enjoy getting on it here and there, but I'm respectful in town or speed zones. Kind of like Billy Jack, walk softly and carry a big stick LOL I've yet to find out my top speed since the ECU was flashed and all limitations removed.
Anyway here's a pic of mine, currently with just over 1k miles on the clock. This is my 3rd Busa, I had a 2000 and a 2003.
DSCF1747_8_9_tonemapped.jpg

Ok, I’ll play…
I’m in Central FL (Orlando area) and I ride all over FL! I’ve met members in Lakeland, St Augustine and Orlando delivering 3d printed helmet hooks as I ride with a group of friends on Harleys (I have a Harley as well), Adventure bikes and sport nakeds. It’s nothing for us to take a 2-3hr ride every weekend.
My 2022 Busa (White/blue) is stock length and height but dyno tuned by Chris Moore with a full Yosh exhaust and Sprint filter and yes I got all the pops and all the bangs.
For the most part I behave myself but I do have those “gixxer bruh” moments and roads that we can get on them a bit.
SugarLoaf is my usual daily haunt as it has more curves and elevation changes than anywhere I’ve found in FL.
Here’s my bike with almost 10k on the clock
3F902CEC-17C3-40AC-8074-43E5F134285D.jpeg

I'm not from Florida, but I travel to Fl to visit my family and friends, sometimes I take my own bike there and other times i fly and then use my friends bike. I ride mainly in Daytona, Orlando and Tampa area.
Mine is the white 2009,

FB_IMG_1674025395060.jpg

FB_IMG_1674025265154.jpg

Last edited:
I’m in Lakeland and have a white 2022 with 1900 miles, mostly ride Dade City, Brooksville, Inverness, Howie in the Hills and plan on riding to Sugarloaf soon and Astatula maybe meet up with PKeith if our schedule allows. I like to plan my day rides for 6ish hours. I don’t ride hard but I will do the occasional blast, I’m not a knee dragger. I have modded mine for comfort, windscreen, seat, Heli bars, pegs (big comfy ones), tank bag, dash cam, quad lock phone holder, extra decals and kickstand mod. I just fitted a tail bag hoping for a trip sometime this year.

2EF1CDBB-7615-4BFA-BFCA-123D11B6735B.jpeg

I need to look up Sugarloaf
Has anyone heard of or ridden the "tail of the gecko"? It would be an all day ride for me but I think it would be worth it.
If anyone's interested in making plans let me know
TAIL OF THE GECKO :)
When you look up Sugarloaf it’s called Sugarloaf Mountain, it’s in central Florida, PKeith sent me a hand drawn map he rides there, I’m planning on going there this Friday with a friend going on his Gold Wing.
Surprised I never heard about Tail of the Gecko! It’s in my back yard, I looked it up and I’m interested in riding it. PM me if you want to ride to Sugarloaf Friday. If not maybe we can hook up for the Gecko ride.

I just looked at a larger view of the Gecko ride and I see several roads that I recognize and have traveled in car. Looks like one of the roads is Duette road that I use going to Bradenton drag strip.

Sugarloaf is a pretty short ride/loop. I’ll warn that lots of sport bike riders come on the weekends and play Street Rossi.
There are plenty of other nice roads to ride in the area and can easily include the Sugarloaf loop or parts of it while riding the other roads.
I’m back in town tomorrow night and probably hitting up Ace Cafe bike night.
Keep me posted on Friday and if I can get off work early I’ll join ya 60+

When you look up Sugarloaf it’s called Sugarloaf Mountain, it’s in central Florida, PKeith sent me a hand drawn map he rides there, I’m planning on going there this Friday with a friend going on his Gold Wing.
Surprised I never heard about Tail of the Gecko! It’s in my back yard, I looked it up and I’m interested in riding it. PM me if you want to ride to Sugarloaf Friday. If not maybe we can hook up for the Gecko ride.
Sugarloaf Mt on the map doesn't look like much as far as a twisty road. I'm probably looking at the wrong part.
I'd be more interested in the Gecko ride, starting at the south end. Maybe meet up at 5 Guys for a burger and then ride it North, then back South. Not sure where you are coming from though. My schedule is pretty flexible at the moment.

Sugarloaf is a pretty short ride/loop. I’ll warn that lots of sport bike riders come on the weekends and play Street Rossi.
There are plenty of other nice roads to ride in the area and can easily include the Sugarloaf loop or parts of it while riding the other roads.
I’m back in town tomorrow night and probably hitting up Ace Cafe bike night.
Keep me posted on Friday and if I can get off work early I’ll join ya 60+
PKeith sounds good I’ll shoot you a text.

I need to look up Sugarloaf
Has anyone heard of or ridden the "tail of the gecko"? It would be an all day ride for me but I think it would be worth it.
If anyone's interested in making plans let me know
TAIL OF THE GECKO :)
I'm going to do the Tail of the Gecko on Saturday, South to North. If anyone's interested in going with me I'm going to be at 5 guys at 10:30 AM near the start. Click the "TAIL OF THE GECKO" link for a map
Let me know if you think you'll be there :beerchug:

I'm going to do the Tail of the Gecko on Saturday, South to North. If anyone's interested in going with me I'm going to be at 5 guys at 10:30 AM near the start. Click the "TAIL OF THE GECKO" link for a map
I’m heading to Sugarloaf, Howie in the Hills, Astatula and further North Friday and I have a car show Saturday, probably detail the Busa Sunday. I clean it evry time I ride, I love that thing!

Scratch that, something came up. I WON'T be going this Saturday after all, but will look for another date to do it soon

Back