Flat tire, big hole!!

Charlesbusa

Used to be a SoCal Busa
Donating Member
Registered
Well I'm coming home from work on the 105 and it starts feeling like the wind is real strong and gusty.

Lane share past a car. And as I cross over the paint the bike's feel goes to the crapper...

Hmmmm, don't think its wind, on a 10 lane freeway, what to do.

I purposefully run over some reflectors for some bump feel and yup I think my front is low.

So I pull over in the breakdown, check tires, its the rear and is losing air quick. A dealership is only a 1 1/2 away so I motor at 2mph for a 1 1/2miles.
mad.gif
trying to save the tire.

Get there and the hole is huge, no wonder I lost all the air in the span of 2-3minutes. They couldn't plug it, it was leaking thru the plies(carcass damage) so I had to buy a new one. grrrrr
mad.gif

Only 1000miles and one track day.
mad.gif

Well at least I didn't push it and lose control at 80mph
wow.gif

rant.gif

mad.gif

mad.gif

Get there and the hole is huge, no wonder I lost all the air in the span of 2-3minutes.  They couldn't plug it, it was leaking thru the plies(carcass damage) so I had to buy a new one.  grrrrr  
mad.gif

mad.gif

wow.gif

rant.gif
Yeah, it could have been much worse and costly. Whew! Glad you didn't make it a horrible adventure.

mad.gif

No doubt.... the price of a tire is very cheap compared to the price that could been payed had you not been alert to the situation~ Glad it worked out for ya~

Sometimes I wonder if the front tire moves nails and screws so they can puncture the rear??

I've had 4 rear flats, 3 repairable.

Never a flat front.

Except this one time I ran over brown paper sack with a liquor bottle in it on my seca II.
blush.gif

Glad you were able to make it to the shop safely, sad you only got 1k miles out of that tire.

sad.gif
that sucks dude....good that it happened on your commute and not at BUSA VELOCITY
tounge.gif

Well I'm coming home from work on the 105 and it starts feeling like the wind is real strong and gusty.

Lane share past a car.  And as I cross over the paint the bike's feel goes to the crapper...

I purposefully run over some reflectors for some bump feel and yup I think my front is low.

So I pull over in the breakdown, check tires, its the rear and is losing air quick.  A dealership is only a 1 1/2 away so I motor at 2mph for a 1 1/2miles.  
mad.gif
 trying to save the tire.

Get there and the hole is huge, no wonder I lost all the air in the span of 2-3minutes.  They couldn't plug it, it was leaking thru the plies(carcass damage) so I had to buy a new one.  grrrrr  
mad.gif

mad.gif

wow.gif

rant.gif
I started to buy my tires from Cycle gear, after getting 5 rear flats in one year. Cycle gear sells road hazard for their tires.

mad.gif

mad.gif

Damn, scared me! I thought you were talking about my fifth wife there for a minute
wow.gif

Lane share past a car.  And as I cross over the paint the bike's feel goes to the crapper...

So I pull over in the breakdown, check tires, its the rear and is losing air quick.  A dealership is only a 1 1/2 away so I motor at 2mph for a 1 1/2miles.  
mad.gif
 trying to save the tire.

mad.gif

mad.gif

wow.gif

rant.gif
I started to buy my tires from Cycle gear, after getting 5 rear flats in one year. Cycle gear sells road hazard for their tires.
hmmm, not a bad idea considering all the crap(nails/screws) on the freeway.

mad.gif

mad.gif

Damn, scared me! I thought you were talking about my fifth wife there for a minute
wow.gif
5th
rock.gif

What are ya going for a record  
tounge.gif

poke.gif
Nope, I have changed my ways recently. I had so many problems out of women I had to go see the man in the black suit with a bow tie. Stretched me out on the sofa and ask me questions about my childhood and if my mother abused me. After a few sessions he gave me this advice:

Steve-O, the next time you get the urge to get married, I want to to head to the mall, get yourself a latte and take a seat out in the traffic area, wait for the "UGLIEST" woman in the place to come by and simply buy her a house! That way you skip through the divorce and go right to the property settlement without all the heartaches!

Great advice! I've only bought three houses since!

Is the credibility of a high performance tire on a high performance machine not shot to hell after a hole/repair. Is it really safe to trust that tire w/ your life anymore?

Cars are different for obvious reasons...I just wouldn't feel safe riding around on a repaired tire.

Is the credibility of a high performance tire on a high performance machine not shot to hell after a hole/repair.  Is it really safe to trust that tire w/ your life anymore?

Cars are different for obvious reasons...I just wouldn't feel safe riding around on a repaired tire.
First let me start by saying “ plugging tires is badâ€￾ and “ buy a new tire if you get a flatâ€￾. Ok now that I have the disclaimer out of the way, I have plugged 2 of the last 5 flats I have gotten only because it was getting to expensive to replace a $150 tire every month. I have seen the errors of my ways since and have started to buy my tires at cycle gear, they sell road hazard on ALL tires that they sell.

Is the credibility of a high performance tire on a high performance machine not shot to hell after a hole/repair.  Is it really safe to trust that tire w/ your life anymore?

First let me start by saying “ plugging tires is badâ€￾ and “ buy a new tire if you get a flatâ€￾. Ok now that I have the disclaimer out of the way, I have plugged 2 of the last 5 flats I have gotten only because it was getting to expensive to replace a $150 tire every month. I have seen the errors of my ways since and have started to buy my tires at cycle gear, they sell road hazard on ALL tires that they sell.
1st, Make sure its the plug put in from the inside out. Meaning they have to take the tire off the wheel.

2nd, your tire is no longer z rated with a plug.  So keep the speeds down on a plugged tire.  I keep below 120mph indicated with a plugged tire.

A new tire is always best, but it can get expensive.

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1140741836 -->

Back