Flashing the 08 / ECU Editing software for GEN II Busas

Thanks to Greg, I have a flash harness on the way, as well as his shift light.-He's been up into the A.M. getting all this stuff cranked out for us.
Thanks Petrik for the software. You and the guys involved are great people.
Thanks Matt at Cycle-tek, he's sending me a shifter and a harness to use the ecu without the kill box.

Rumor has it that theres some really interesting additions coming from Petrik and crew to elliminate all kinds of other little boxes and modules that are still currently needed on the Gen2. Including some features not available in the Gen1 ecu.

This thing is the cats meow.

~Wes~

Last edited:
Got to pipe in, I have been riding the tires off my bike, not much time to be on here. Love the software, but now I want MORE POWER. The software gave me a noticeable bump in power, just made me want more. Someone needs to sell me a turbo kit real cheap, lol :laugh:

lol im hoping to purchase a turbo kit fairly soon, the yellow turbo bike needs a companion worthy in the hp department LOL

Got all my stuff from Greg. Its up and running. I tried setting it all up with a MAC using Windows XP in parallels but had a connection issue. I need to figure out how to get my com port number low enough to cooperate.

My cheapo compaq running vista was no problem though.

So in the long run its all good.

I have a tune in there that I like fairly well. Seeing 12K indicated on the tach is dang nice. Also that pesky top speed limiter is no more.

On top of that, the shifter function :bowdown:

Thank you for such great hardware. Installation was cake.

So, since we are on the subject of max RPM constantly. What is the max safe rpm to spin a stock assembly to? Also whats the max RPM that we're seeing power, prior to hitting the backside of the curve? I know that it will depend on the tune.

I've heard 11,300 a few times, but was unaware if that was with stock limiters in place or with limiter removed and a tune?

i dont see a whole lot of reason to spin higher than stock unless motor work has been done to accomodate personally. They will spin to just shy of 12K indicated with the stock limiter in place, i spun my to about 12,800 indicated the other day just to see it work once LOL

Thats kind of what I had thought. I set my limiter at 11,800 running all motor. On nitrous or boost, I'd probably set it higher just to avoid an oops.

Thanks

Thanks to Smithabusa for clean and promt delivery of ECU-interface :beerchug: I've got the new version with engraved casing :thumbsup:

Do you know if this jumper plug, used when removing the stock O2 sensor, is just a jumper wire or an in-line resistor?

02SENSORPLUG_.jpg

Busababu there are tons of things to use it for even if fuel is already

Advance timing

Remove 6th gear restrictor

Use quickshifter/air shifter

Etc
Etc
Etc
Posted via Mobile Device

i used to know what resistance id have to dig through some old emails, but i would personally leave the sensor in the pipe

I have used the stock o2 sensor with the flashed ecu. The bike doesn't seem as responsive with it hooked up. Without the o2 hooked up the throttle seems much better. I am using my Bazzaz jumper right now but will test without it again soon to verify. I haven't had any FI lights come on either way I have it..

Back