first try with NOS & ecu editor

lee8sec

Registered
This was my first dyno pulls on a 99 busa,stock motor, small air box mod, k&n filter & yosh 4/1 exhaust with Nicks spray bar 32 jet and a reflashed 02 ecu using a shared map from Greg Smith(for a 38 jet) & his NOS harness. The gaps are due to cutting out problem. Note the A/F graph is distorted due to so many on one page. The 2 super rich are testing the MS map with the NOS bottle off. Happy with the numbers without any ajustments yet. Leigh
157.4hp no gas, 187.98 with :cheerleader:
IMG.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Wow how did I miss this one :banghead: Very nice lee, looks like with a little more fine tuning on the AFR you could even get more out of her! :thumbsup: Good Job Buddy :beerchug:

so this nos harness toggles a nitrous map? when you flash the ecu with an n2o map, is it super rich all the time, or do you have a button you can push to turn the rich map off and ride normal.

the nos gets activated by the ecu and the ecu also switches the map...only when nos is on then back to normal...on/off on/off switches both each time

so you CAN turn off the nitrous and not run stupid rich? this is on a dry shot as well? i'm sorry i'm not understanding this very well. there are two maps stored on the factory ecu? i understand he's using the air flap output to activate the nitrous solenoid, but switching to a richer map is done automatically by the ecu as well? how do you put two maps into the factory ecu?

so you CAN turn off the nitrous and not run stupid rich? this is on a dry shot as well? i'm sorry i'm not understanding this very well. there are two maps stored on the factory ecu? i understand he's using the air flap output to activate the nitrous solenoid, but switching to a richer map is done automatically by the ecu as well? how do you put two maps into the factory ecu?

here you go..Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa - ECU hacking

When you use the ECU editor there is the normal map and a "MS" map. The MS map is the NOS map which is used when the NOS is activated. Go to the link above and have a read or Gregs site boostbysmith.com - Home and watch the video's. Leigh

read up on the ms map. my buddy and i were trying to figure out wtf it was in the ecu editor. so the boostbysmith switch allows flashing and map switching huh? maybe it's time for a race gas/nos map...

I'm running 2 stages dry with Gregs setup with 3 foggers in the airbox and a killer nitrous setup I'm testing right now. ECU editor is the best thing out for the 02-07 busa's. I've removed 6 customers pc3's and wired everything up with Greg's harness's and these bikes have picked up in both hp and et. I love it.

are you running a wideband that you can datalog during your runs? or strictly dyno tuning?

As above, iam running a dl32+ wideband O2. Log fuel pres,NOS pres,rpm,duty cycle,tps, front & rear wheel speed. Just havent had time on the track to finish setting it up.

I fitted a set of S2000 injectors and it has taken alot of time to get back to a decent O2 leval.
Gave it a few dyno pulls to get it close, went 200hp very rich but raceable.
Leigh

Last edited:
Back