First time post

Yeah 10 K for a ring was pretty stupid of me looking back. I guess that is why we are not together... It was an artificial relationship and wanting to spend 10K on a ring just shows that.
I got the better deal in the end. Oh man it was priceless seeing her face a few weeks later when I was on the bike. I was trying to hide it from her after I kicked her out... But she spotted me and asked when did I get that... I said it was her engagement ring and it gives me more joy then she could ever give me.... All I saw was her middle finger in the air as I sped off.... Man I wish I would have taken a picture of that moment.... She made a good g/f but was not wife material....

Oh well just a part of my life. It has made me a better person in the long run and as silly as this sounds the busa had a lot to do with my recovery...

Ninja Eater...Your plane is flying freaking backwards...I that like a fake welcome...  
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Plane is flying correct just the banner is reverse. That is so it can be read on the other side. You and me must be on the wrong reading side
wow.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Welcome, Nice choice of the perfect bike and the perfect color...Fastest Busa out there.

I miss Colorado also, Born and raised there, learned how to ride there. I really miss Poudre Canyon, Big Thompson, then past Estes Park and down through the mountains on uh... HWY7?? You know the one you take to get to Longs Peak Trailhead? I miss being able to spend an entire 8 hour day in the mountains and never really hit a straight road.

Ah well, at least in Tampa I can go for two hour rides on Thanksgiving day in 70 degree weather... and we sorta have a few twistie hilly country roads out here... Oh and the Beach...Oh and Women on the beach, thats nice.

Anyway Welcome to the board.

Icw... Nice girlfriend...
smile.gif

Revlis... The ride around Estes is great. I rode up Mount Evans and Pikes peak a couple of times. You are right it is Hwy 7, that is around 7 miles south of estes park to get to the trailhead. If I could find a job down in Tampa I would move in a heartbeat!! I love the riding in Florida... Can't wait to ride this Christmas down there. I will start out in Orlando and make my way down to Key West...

Welcome to the board. Congrats on the bike. Be careful out there people in cars are idiots and before you know it some jacka$$ is right in front of you. Ride safe and have fun. If you are looking for a ride Laguna 2004 is right around the corner.

Welcome to the board! I would have loved to have seen the look on your old gf face when you told her you were riding on her engagement ring
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Welcome aboard Zoolander

Top Speed ROCKS!!! You aren't that far from the ECTA Landspeed Racing in Maxton, NC. You really should check it out, less than $200 for the weekend, 6 times a year.

ECTA

Ride Safe,
AAAssjani.gif

Great story Zoo.

You look like a big guy, so I can see why you picked the Busa over a smaller bike. Did you teach yourself to ride or did you take a MSF class? Doesn't look like you dropped the bike, so you must have done OK.

There is a forum for Laguna Seca here, which is a major racing track in Monterey, CA where a lot of Busa members here meet for the big motorcycle race held in July I believe.

It may take you slightly more then 8 hours to ride out for it though.
laugh.gif

Welcome to the board.

Sane_man... Yes I taught myself. I was riding on the first day. No classes just instinct I guess. I knew how to drive a stick and a bicycle so I guess same concept just more going on...

Yes I did drop it twice... actually within the first 2 hours of having it. There was a defect in the clutch mechanism. Basically I was shifting into 2nd around a bend and it did not engage and there was no resistance on the throttle so it was up at 9K rpms then engaged... away the bike went into the grass... Suzuki covered all the damage due to the defect. Basically you could have the clutch lever all the way out and it would not engage. no major damage due to landing on grass but they replaced the right fairing front fairing and right muffler... the road rash is what sucked the most...
The other time happened when I forgot to leave it in gear when parking on a hill... doh very stupid of me... minor scratches...

All is fixed and back in order and looks like it did on the showroom...

I probably should have taken a course but even if I did I would have laid it down due to the defect.... I was just pissed because it happened late on a Sat and Suzuki dealership was not open til Monday.... bummer

I love that story Zoo! That gal might have missed out on a $10K ring, but look at what you got instead?!
biggrin.gif

Welcome to the board...I'm in VA, so not too far from you now that you're in NC...maybe we'll meet up one day. I'm hoping to head to NC next summer to visit/ride with a high school bud of mine. He's in the Raleigh area...

...I was born in Colorado too...Aurora...I miss the mountains!

Enjoy the Busa...like you needing me telling you that!
tounge.gif

VaBusa... We will defiantly have to catch up sometime. I love driving long distances on the busa... if it was not so damn cold I would make plans in the near future...

Hey Zoo , you're not to far from deals gap (a good days ride) . Deals Gap is supposed to be a VERY COOL ride . I think its in ga.
jump9.gif

Back