First time post

Zoo

Registered
This is my first post and I just wanted to introduce myself to this board. I have read many messages on this board and I wanted to post one for myself. I have a 2002 busa that was purchased last year. It was the first motorcycle I have ever ridden. Here is the funny story how I bought it...

I was going through a breakup of a 3 year relationship that I was pretty broken up about. During the relationship I saved up 10 grand for an engagement ring... One day I woke up and realized that our relationship was unsalvageable. I had a wild hair up my butt and went to the local Suzuki dealership. I was looking for a starter bike being that I never sat on a motorcycle. None of the smaller bikes impressed me that much. I saw an all black special edition hayabusa and I knew that was the bike for me. The sales guy refused to sale it to me stating that it was not a bike you start out on. He tried to talk me out of it. But after some thought I decided that I wanted that bike. An hour later it was loaded up on my truck and away I went. It was the best money I have ever spent in my life. And the look I got from my ex when she saw me on it for the first time was priceless. I told her I was riding on her engagement ring.

Well that is the story. On Thanksgiving Day I celebrated by finally making it to 180 mph on the speedometer. Next time I will get it on video tape and post it for you all to see. My memory was a blur but from what I remember the Tac as @ 9000 rpms in 6th gear right when it hit 180 mph. It was a spur of the moment thing and I must say that I want to do it again.

I hope to be an active poster to this board...
Attached is a pic of me on the bike in Estes Park, Colorado. Now I live in Raleigh, NC.
Thanks

Tim

cycle_estes.jpg

welcome to the board...

sounds like you got the best end of the break-up!!
biggrin.gif

be careful out there.. some of us know how easy it is to meet up with the wrong circumstance,,, just out of the blue.......

Enjoy the ride!!
beerchug.gif

Welcome to the board and congratulations on getting the Busa.

Welcome aboard :!3:

Now that's an introduction. Well Done !

Wellcome Zoo-man!

Sure hope you did the break in before seeing the buck eighty mark!

Welcome to our obsession!
laugh.gif

Thank everyone for the welcome!!

Mikey D... Yes It was fully broken in... I bought it last year and it now has 10K miles on it....

Good looking out though...

Thanks all...

Tim

Welcome! Can't think of anything better to get you through a break-up, just remember how your statistics change as the speedo rises.
biggrin.gif

Welcome aboard, nothing better to get you over a relationship than speed and adrenlin.

cap

Nice bike and welcome. My in-laws live in the Raleigh area and my parents live in Charlotte. I'm originally from Michigan so I haven't spent a lot of time in NC other than visiting during holidays, but seems there are some real nice roads for riding there. How long have you lived there and how do you think it compares with CO for riding?

Lance

r1ROOKIE I have only been here for a month now.... Nothing compares to Colorado for riding. The only thing I hated was the fact that it could rain at a moments notice in the mountains...

Ninja Eater...Your plane is flying freaking backwards...I that like a fake welcome...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Zoo...You sure are a happy camper...What you did sounds a lot like what many of us would have done...I for one think you did the right thing...It was time for you to get the right bike...You can look for the right woman later on...
evil.gif

This is you Zoo...:D
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

saved 10 k for a ring YOU ARE A PHUCKING ZOOMAN!welcome and becareful (180 great aint it) man she musta been something to even think about a 10 k ring!

Yeah it was just a spur of the moment thing. After I bought it I had some regret. But the feeling it gives me cannot be replaced by anything. I just wish I could quit my job and ride for a living... That is how much I love it. Heck the first weekend I got the bike I drove down to Florida (8+ hour straight drive). My ass hurt like hell but I just did not want to stop. Even the rain did not stop me...

The only fear I have is pushing the limits. I'm addicted to the speed. Being my first bike I want to go faster, but I must realize that this is the fastest it gets for a factory bike...

BTW how do you get into Superbike racing? I would not mind buying another bike to race. I would love to do this as a living even if it pays less than my current job...

Back