first time out

bajabug

Registered
well yesterday and today were my first long rides on the busa where i was able to "open it up". boy o boy am i impressed. coming from a fzr 600 where i was constantly asking for more to the busa where more is always available...

it was a bit hairy at time as it was only 30-36 out but hat has been the highest in a while so i couldnt resist. a few ice patches and salt/sand to watch out for. so i decided to stick to the interstate and do roll ons. wheel spin in 1-2-3 made me wonder why i was out...(i stopped after third)

As you can see i need a paint job, i am looking at a coustom yellow used on the new GT40 special ed. made by sherman williams. shifts colors and isnt that ugly brown like some shifting paints.

i noticed alot of air pulling me up when at higher speeds under acceleration and when not. i think i found a good tuck(with my eyes just about the shield) but its still not very comfy, double bubble help alot? quickly came home to put some tape on the wind shield mounts as it was very noisy...

besides that it was a very succesful couple of late winter rides still dying for some 50+ days.

Matt

PS that white stuff on the drive way is snow:)

fistbusa.jpg

Its a great bike. The power delivery is great! Be careful on those icey roads man.

For me the double dubble helped. Glad you were able to get out and enjoy the bike!

My brother in law is coming down from Mn to visit this weekend - he has been telling me about the weather...be careful! That ice and Busa power don't mix very well.

Glad you had a good ride! The busa never seizes to amaze the rider....
biggrin.gif
Thats what I like about Elenor! She feels like a virgin every time
wink.gif

I have been riding my Busa to work the past few days and it's been great. She never cease to amaze me with her power.

My Sportech helped me out a bit, maybe not as much as a DB would, but I went with the Sportech instead due to the chrome color. Glad you got out on a ride. At least somebody is riding.

cool, ill look into the double bubbles then. are you still looking over the screen when in the tuck, with a double bubble? ya we have 12 inches on the way so no busa for a few days...:(

well yesterday and today were my first long rides on the busa where i was able to "open it up".  boy o boy am i impressed.  coming from a fzr 600 where i was constantly asking for more to the busa where more is always available...

it was a bit hairy at time as it was only 30-36 out but hat has been the highest in a while so i couldnt resist.  a few ice patches and salt/sand to watch out for.  so i decided to stick to the interstate and do roll ons.  wheel spin in 1-2-3 made me wonder why i was out...(i stopped after third)

As you can see i need a paint job, i am looking at a coustom yellow used on the new GT40 special ed.  made by sherman williams.  shifts colors and isnt that ugly brown like some shifting paints.

i noticed alot of air pulling me up when at higher speeds under acceleration and when not.  i think i found a good tuck(with my eyes just about the shield) but its still not very comfy, double bubble help alot?  quickly came home to put some tape on the wind shield mounts as it was very noisy...

besides that it was a very succesful couple of late winter rides still dying for some 50+ days.

Matt

PS that white stuff on the drive way is snow:)
I went with the sport touring ZG really like having hardly any wind hitting me
It does add a bit of presure on the forearm and upper body but I'l; just get stronger in those areas and benifet
from the quite smooth ride and a lot less noisy plus less bugs get to your helmet  

vv                                            Lannie Settles

Back