Check out these custom painted helmets

jay21112

Registered
Check out this page:

http://www.extreme-decals.com/Pre_Made_Helmets.html

The helmets look amazing.
I love the rising sun one. If I could get them to do it over a black background instead of white, I think I'd buy it.

Here's my problem though
The following is posted on their site about the shields:

"CLEANING AIRBRUSHED MOTORCYCLE HELMET SHIELDS

Your new airbrushed helmet may have included a matching airbrushed shield.  If so you will need to clean it using the following steps so you do not damage the artwork.

Always remove the shield from the helmet first.
Take the shield and place it under running water and let the water loosen the bugs / dirt, then take a very small dab of regular dish detergent and gently work up a lather gently with hands (no towels).
Do not use anything stronger than dish detergent as it may smear or even remove the artwork.  I use Dupont CUT-IN-CLEAR in an aerosol can to protect them but it has its limits.
Then take a paper towel and lightly dab the shield to remove most of the water and let it dry on its own the rest of the way.  Do not rub the shield as the towel will catch the holes in the material and mess things up.
This is our preferred way of cleaning to ensure longevity and protect the original finish.
DISCLAIMER AND LIABILITY LIMITS ON ALL AIRBRUSHED SHIELDS

Airbrushed shields cut down vision and they can be a risk!  The perforated material cuts down approximately 8-10% of your normal vision.  Rain will fill the holes completely and eliminate vision totally if you become caught in a rain storm of any type while wearing a helmet with this type of shield.  We highly recommend getting a spare shield to swap out for normal riding.  The airbrushed shields are actually for show use only so be careful and use at your own risk!

AJR AIRBRUSH ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY!

THE USER TAKES SOLE RESPONSIBILITY FOR DETERMINING AND COMPLYING WITH ALL APPLICABLE STANDARDS!!!"[/QUOTE]

Now I know when I ride, my shield gets nice and dirty and it take a bit to get all that gunk and bugs off. So I'm not sure i'd ever be able to clean the damned shield if I got a painted visor.

Anyone have any experiences to share?

<!--EDIT|jay21112
Reason for Edit: None given...|1155416229 -->

Nice looking lids
cool.gif
I like the SGT "D" one. Go figure
biggrin.gif

nice looking art and great price but i would'nt mess with a perforated shield full time, as a novelty in the daytime... once in a while around town...maybe...

Would have been awesome if the visor layer was inside and not outside, cleaning would be easy and no worries being caught in the rain. I like the Hell Skull most...Might have to grab one just for those beautiful sunday rides and hitting up some shows or something.

Wow, those helmets are pimp.. I like them, It says "we recommend you get another shield for normal ridding" I would say get another sheild for regular ridding (when you are going to get bugs etc. and only put on this sheild when you think you will only do light ridding, to a show or a hand out night.

You have to get Smoke_Dog to post a pic of his-they do a great job.

I wonder if the lids could be coated in a heavier clear cloat.....like at a local custom body shop?

I wonder if the lids could be coated in a heavier clear cloat.....like at a local  custom body shop?
What are you thinking? Put on a clear coat that is so thick it fills in the little gaps on the visor mesh? That way cleaning would be easy?

That's actually a pretty darn good idea..... Don't see why it wouldn't work.

d00d the predator one is insane!!! I wants!!!
tounge.gif

Just a reminder. Most helmet Mfgs consider their warranty void when custom paint is applied. something to do w/ using thinners in the process. Something to consider when puting an extra $200-$300 inot your lid

Back