How do you clean a mirrored shield?

I've always used some type of a spray wax with a microfiber towl and works great. Also helps to keep them from sticking as bad also:thumbsup:

Get rid of the pledge. Microfiber and Water ONLY. That coating does not like chemicals. Use hot water to soften up the bug goop....You are still only gonna get about 6 months out of a shield; rock chips will eventually get it messed up anyway.

What I do with my mirror finish shield is to wet a paper towel and stick it on the shield for about 5 minutes and you don't have to do any scrubbing... just use the same paper towel to do the initial cleaning and use a dry paper towel to dry/clean the shield. Works great for bug splatters. I've used this method with my shields and they last a good year or so until I have to replace because of pits and stuff from road debris. I haven't had any problems with the coating coming off from this method.

I like helmets... It saved my butt... uh... face a few times. This is one of those times.

photo-40.jpg

What I do with my mirror finish shield is to wet a paper towel and stick it on the shield for about 5 minutes and you don't have to do any scrubbing... just use the same paper towel to do the initial cleaning and use a dry paper towel to dry/clean the shield. Works great for bug splatters. I've used this method with my shields and they last a good year or so until I have to replace because of pits and stuff from road debris. I haven't had any problems with the coating coming off from this method.

I like helmets... It saved my butt... uh... face a few times. This is one of those times.

photo-40.jpg

who needs a helmet? thats what god gave you a forehead for. DUH :poke:

I kinda feel sorry for some of you that live in states where its mandatory to where helmets.
I love the choice, I think we should all have a choice.
Helmets are probably a great thing to have if you crash but many who crash is contributed to wearing helmets= poor vision, fog visor, heavy.
I have seen more deaths and they were all wearing helmets.

great idea squiddy ! lets all roll down the highway and get those bugs on our faces, in our hair and eyes. I think I'll stick with a helmet:laugh: I haven't heard of any news story or report given or study done that says certian crashes are attributed to poor vision of a helmet or helmet was too heavy. where you been hidin the 70's:laugh: my helmet weighs roughfy 3.5lbs and I have full range of vision. I tried on one of those harley half skull cap things one time and it felt like I had a lead hat on lol so I'm sure helmet weight varies with brand and I'm not arguing with ya just pokin fun and jokin:thumbsup:

warm water and microfiber only. always works great. never soaps or windex as it removes the coating off. never scrub. never use paper towel. microfiber's the way to go

Back