First time out!

FJRider

Registered
All the motorcycle gods cleared a path for me today; didn't have to work, title/registration work done, tags on, insurance in place (thank you State Farm!), the weather hot and humid as hell but I sure as hell wasn't going to let that stop me, (besides it beats rain); so I fired her up, let her warm up and off I went, My wife followed on her Z750. My odometer read "0" as I left the driveway.

All I can say is, it's AWESOME! I can definitely see where throttle management is key with the Busa!
biggrin.gif
I took it slow the first few miles, light banking trying to get the new tires hot and broke in. After a few miles I bumped it up to the 70-80 range, when a straight away presented itself. It seemed to beg for more. I was amazed how quick and effortlessly it hit 80. Felt rock solid.. Being my first crotch rocket, I quickly learned there's definitely a different way of riding this beast, at least compared to my FJR anyway. Gripping the tank with my legs and support with my back took the weight off my wrists, and felt good after a few miles.
smile.gif

I decided to do the Motoman break-in procedure, so right now my Blue & Silver is sitting in my garage with it's oil draining. As soon as the new oil/filter goes in/on, I'm heading back out! What an increditable ride! I'm still grinning from ear to ear! What a machine!
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Congrats!!

You will be wearing that smile for a long time. Like you said, throttle management is key. Be extra careful when it's wet. Spend alot of time getting used to it and you'll be fine.

Congrats on the new puchase! I't's cool that the wifey rides her own...My wife would love to have her own, but never riden before

Congrats!!

You will be wearing that smile for a long time.  Like you said, throttle management is key. Be extra careful when it's wet. Spend alot of time getting used to it and you'll be fine.
Yes sir you will...Don't forget the tires are new and need a couple of hundred miles to be considered broken in...

Congrates and welcome to the addiction. That smile nevers leave, everytime I think of riding the "My Baby" that smile comes on and everyone around knows what I am thinking about.
I came from cruisers and yes "throttle management" is a must. Wait til the first time you have her out in the rain and you go to start out and the rear spins, everyone around you will think its cool, but damn near scarred the crap out of me.
Take care and get to her well, she will treat you right if you give her the respect she deserves... with a little abuse once in a while.
laugh.gif

nice! I love to read stories about first times!! everytime I do something to the bike that makes it noticeably faster, I get the same feeling. lol man my 'first' memories of me testing out the Busa short shifting at 7k gave me a THRILL like no other lol I came from a Katana 600
biggrin.gif

Congrats on the new puchase! I't's cool that the wifey rides her own...My wife would love to have her own, but never riden before
I thinkin it's time to teach her!
Yeah, I know, she keeps getting on the busa and wanting me to let her ride it, when I agree she chickens out...she's scared of the power. I need to get her an older Katana to start out with...something I'm not worried about her dumpin'..

UR IT! - My wife and I have been riding dirt and street bikes since the mid-70's. Currently she rides a lowered Kaw'ie Z750 and handles it really well. Even if my wife was tall enough to ride my Busa (she's only 5'4"), I think it would be too much for her.

I thought riding my FJR would prepare me for the Busa. Not even close! The little bit of experience I have with my Busa so far opens my eyes to how fast this bike can get someone in trouble. I've read a lot of threads that talk about maintaining a healthy respect for this bike. No BS'in there for sure!
biggrin.gif

doodoggy - I still have the fairing off the right side. I didn't have the right oil filter wrench to properly tighten the filter - so I'll be picking one up tomorrow and finishing the oil change up. I'll try and post a picture before I put it back together.

International Motorcycle show saw a couple around the Z750. The woman was all over it, seating on it, checking the mechanicals. Very excited you could tell it's the bike in her future.
Kawasaki is all up to date on the 750cc naked bike class.
Heard Kawasaki is releasing to the US the ER6. 650cc Twin, fuel injected naked bike.
Back to topic
biggrin.gif

Takes fourth gear before stop worry doing full throttle. From habit dropped to 2nd before passing a car. Forgot what bike was on. Passed the car more sideways cause rear tire was burning up. It broke loose on those road dots.

biggrin.gif
Welcome--- Congrats--now use smooth imputs all the time. Fun to read what Bronto said--Burning up the tire..

<span style='font-family:arial'></span><span style='color:darkblue'></span>
I picked up my new '05 Thurday, June 30, and was a little nervous as I had read so much about the Busa's power and speed. After a few trips around the dealer's large parking lot to get used to the controls, seat position, etc. I headed home. My biggest fear was laying it down in sight of the dealership!

The bike instantly put a smile on my face with it's power and all around smoothness. I expected F-16 like thrust, but it's also easy to ride at legal speeds. And the handling is just so solid.

It's just another good motorcycle until you twist open the throttle!

I'm also using the motoman break-in method. I did my first oil change at 30 miles. My oil filter wrench was a strap type, and it didn't even come close to turning that damn filter. So, I drove a screwdriver through it to be ale to turn it. The next day I bought a cap type filter wrench.

The oil looked like it had silver glitter in it. Will do the next oil change at about 600 miles and probably wait to do any trips until I have at least 1500 miles on it, at which point the synthetic will go in.

Later,

Fred

I look in my garage and see that bike sitting there and break into a big grin in anticipation of my next ride!

Back