First log in and 1st post since Sandy - got flooded - all is gone including the bike

Re: First log in and firs post since Sandy - got flooded - all is gone including the

sorry to hear hope things get better soon

Re: First log in and firs post since Sandy - got flooded - all is gone including the

good luck

As stated, there's not a thing I can say really. Great to see you back, hope the insurance gets up and pays out, enjoy the maid service while you have it and keep us posted on the progress!

Thanks for all kind words of support from everyone. At times like these, it really matters to hear this from all of you. And it really so true that in time everything can be replaced - except life - so true.

People we knew (not close friends) took us in for "as long as we needed to stay". Got money back for my Dodge Charger and already got another one (Geico is GOOD). Got money for the bike (Progressive rocks - the adjuster was looking around the bike trying to add as much to the value as possible). Work on the house is progressing, and amazingly contradicts a typica image of contractors - no one wants to take money up front doing work worth many thousands of dollars. They say, ah, you will pay later when we are done. Maybe I just have an honest face, but I think it's more than that.

Reflecting on the past, the week before this happened I participated - for the first time - in an open track day. Had a blast. What a way to finish the season! Almost 200 miles of pure track riding! Mixing it up with the fast crowd, and finally leaving with the feeling that it was ENOUGH riding. And a week later - boom. Anyway, it was 2001 bike. AND I AM READY FOR A TURBO SLEEPER! Street and track.

Another philosophycal detail. We saved a life of a cat. It's a stray cat. She lives in the backyard after we started feeding and pet her, but she is an independant animal - comes and leaves as she wants, but we really got attached to each other. Long story short, when the water started coming, I couldn't get her off the fence and into my hands - she was too scared to jump. A while later, we heard meowing screams. She was at the front door surrounded by water, screaming like crazy. The door was sealed. As she saw me walking to the window, she jumbed into the closed window, hitting the glass hard and fell back. Next moment, I opened the window, and she jumped right in, crawled somewhere on the first floor. All my begging to get out was useless. The water was coming in. She finally jumped on the kitchen table. Somehow I managed to grab her and take to the second floor - this is a cat who's never been picked up by a human. She hid under our bed and spent the entire night quetly sleeping - probably the best sleep she had in her life. We petted her, calmed her down, and throughout the night there wasn't a single sound from her. We had a chance to leave before the storm, and stay with friends. For whatever silly reason, I made a decision to stay. It was pretty scary experience because we didn't know at which point the rising water would stop. Luckily it stopped after climbing 3 steps to the second floor. I am pretty sure that if we left, the cat would've drowned. So, was it worth staying to save the cat? I say, yes.

That's an Awesome story man! I'm really glad to hear that in the midst of all the terrible events going on, some good things still happened as well! :thumbsup: Hopefully everything will get all sorted here soon and you can get back to doing what you love!

Got to be super rough. Glad the one car and bike are taken care of. Hopefully your residence will get restored soon.

So sorry for you. Prayers sent and I hope it all works out

FEMA gave son's GF $5k for a $1500 car. Look into that.

Cat had a change in attitude:laugh: Nationwide, aren't they "on your side"...That sux, its gonna take some time, hang in there.

man sorry to hear, i cant imagine going thru anythng like that, really glad you are able to post up and tell your amaing story tho, have you had a chnace to name your new friend yet??

Thank you guys for kind words and advise. Yes, I am impressed with FEMA. They really try and give. Regarding the compensation for the flooded car which had no full coverage, I may be out of luck. What FEMA is trying to do is, first, they send you to SBA (Small Business Administration) to possibly get a loan, and if you qualify they give you a low interest loan and that's the end of it. However, if you don't qualify then they would give you some money. In my communication with SBA, it seems I may qualify for a loan. Since I just paid cash for another Honda Civic, a loan would still be better than nothing. I could treat it as a car loan except the interest may be 2-3% - which is a bit lower than a car loan.

Switching on to the future outlook, I made a decision to go TURBO :guitar: (pending my wife's final approval - just a formality at this point, LOL). I started communicating with Frank from Power House, already got some info, and later on will stop by his shop to discuss details. Here is the plan: I will get a late model low miles Gen 1. Then, Power House will install Stage One kit on it, and I think I will have all the power I need for quite some time. I know this will be a measly 250 hp at best, but this would be quite a jump from 150-160 hp I had. Too early to act on it - still live in the hotel while the house is being fixed. Enjoying the anticipation! :banana:

See, now that lemonade right there out of lemons. Turbo! Glad to hear you're okay IG! :thumbsup:

Thanks Tim!

Aw man sorry to hear that, but the big one is of course that you're ok

sorry to hear the news. Glad your ok and doing better now. I only lost my truck to the storm.

Quick forward... Found a decent '06 with 19k miles. Got acquainted with Frank from Powerhouse MC. Which led to a predictable result.... First ride on the turbo Busa... Purrs like a kitten, smooth as silk. Trying to take it easy at first. So, I am doing about 80 in 5th, opening the throttle, and she goes like I am in 2nd. Was gentle with the throttle, and didn't go above 5 psi. It will take some getting used to. For example, when closing the throttle quickly while in boost, engine braking is pretty strong. Need to re-learn to do it a bit more slowly and smoothly - which is not a bad thing anyway.

:cheerleader::cheerleader: TURBO!!

This_thread_is_worthless_without_pictures_2.jpg

This_thread_is_worthless_without_pictures_2.jpg

dang I totally missed this thread originally, sorry IG! Good to hear you are recovering. We didnt have much damage out here on the island, but folks not far from us were in similar shape as your story. When its nice out this spring, lets ride some :thumbsup:

I feel like you are just rubbing in your F-150 at this point. Bad timing for your post. :lol:

Nothing I can say will make you feel better, but I am very sorry.

Sent from my Ford F-150 using Forum Runner

Absolutely right. :worthless:

It really is terrible that you lost all that you did but your life and your family out weigh everything else. I'm glad your getting a new bike and what not and turbo is a great idea (unless you watch Wreck It Ralph, then Turbo is bad..... very bad......) Lastly, in my Allstate voice, Are you in good hands? My prayers are with you guys

dang I totally missed this thread originally, sorry IG! Good to hear you are recovering. We didnt have much damage out here on the island, but folks not far from us were in similar shape as your story. When its nice out this spring, lets ride some :thumbsup:

Me too! I'm so sorry to hear of all of the loss, but you're here, and life is hopefully getting back to normal. :thumbsup:

Back