First log in and 1st post since Sandy - got flooded - all is gone including the bike

IG.

Registered
Got 3 ft of water on the 1st floor. Most of the stuff on the 1st floor is lost. Both cars and the bike flooded. Living in the hotel while the house is being fixed. This takes a while. Bike had full coverage, and I just got paid. One car was liability only, so that's a loss. FEMA pays for the hotel. Nationwide insurance sucks - still no payment iin sight. Will get more details later on. It's been hectic beyond describable.

Nothing I can say will make you feel better, but I am very sorry.

Sent from my Ford F-150 using Forum Runner

Re: First log in and firs post since Sandy - got flooded - all is gone including the

Sucks to hear man, hope it all comes out okay in the end. It could have been worse, keep telling yourself that. :please:

Re: First log in and firs post since Sandy - got flooded - all is gone including the

Sounds like it's still tough out there, even though the news doesn't show us any more. Hope thing get better soon.

The initial shock is gone. Lots of running around though. There are people who are a lot worse - no hotel, no electricity, no heat, shelter, etc. Some lost their lives, some lost everything. So, no complaints. I call it "forced renovation". There are some crooks, and there are some very decent, honest and amazing people - I mean contractors, and in services - some really want to help.

Good to see you online, sorry for the trials but super glad you are okay...

Damn, that's a rough spot to be in. I wish you the best in recovering. I'm sure there are folks there who are worse off than you and I feel their pain. Good that Fema is helping you out with hotel expenses.

You have a great attitude. I lost power for a couple days and that was a drag. Hope you are able to get home soon!

Sorry to hear about you troubles.
Hope everything gets sorted out quickly for you.

Everything else can be replaced but you and your family. Glad to hear you are ok.

:thumbsup: glad to hear from you finally and know that things are a little on their way to some sort of recovery. keep the faith and you'll always stand on both feet. So sorry to hear about the cars and bike. Hugs to you and yours..:thumbsup:

Glad to hear that you and the family are safe. Things can always be replaced, sometimes bigger and better. :thumbsup:

It's good to hear that you are ok, because most of the rest will be replaced. I hope that the insurance company quickly gets on the ball and helps you.

glad to hear you are ok.. hope for better days ahead of you!:please:

sorry to hear of the loss and difficult times but glad to hear you are ok and on the road back to normal, hope it doesn't take too long! :beerchug:

Sucks man. I couldn't imagine losing everything I've worked for. I lost everything as a child to our house burning down but, I was a child. Good luck on the rebuild!!!

Hopin and Wishing for the best for ya! I've got some money waitin for you guys for when you come back online! Take care of yourselves!

Glad your ok, sorry about all your stuff.

Sorry to hear about you losses but at least you still have the 1 thing you cant replace..........your life. I totally understand your frustrations when it comes to Nationwide insurance :banghead: The most unprofessional and unorganized company that Ive ever dealt with. How they are still functioning as a business is beyond me. That jingle "Nationwide is on your side" is a crock of :cursin:

That sucks, I've had friends in louisiana deal with the same stuff. Itll all work out, hopefully in a timely manner. glad your safe

Back