First gear issues

It's more about the angle of vision from a vehicle I'm concerned with. I pretty much know the answer is they need to be changed for something not under the tail, but have wanted to see what they look like to others on the road. I assume a cop would not give my current setup a pass, but I have yet to be bothered by a cop on the Hayabusa which blows me away given how damn loud it is.

View attachment 1654305

View attachment 1654306
You'd be hard pressed to see those signal lights...

Do you need a license plate light where you are?

You'd be hard pressed to see those signal lights...

Do you need a license plate light where you are?
I know on cars we do, but in the 7 years I've owned my Cadi I've never been pulled over for not having one. I'm not sure the cops really care about them, but technically I believe I should have one. I ran without a plate for like a month because I couldn't figure out where to mount it and they didn't bother me then either.

I'm really liking this over painting what I currently have. Will have to get some ordered. Where did you get the spacers from? I may toy around with 3d printing some at various sizes depending on how I feel about just direct mounting them.
No idea. It has been too long and I can’t remember. Lol! They are metal and not plastic.

I did the air box mod today, removing the flapper and such. Man does the on/off throttle feel so much better now. I felt like a noob trying to go from off throttle to on in a turn because the bike would either do nothing or surge and give way more throttle than I wanted. Now it feels nice and smooth like I expected.

I'm so confused what the point of that flapper is. I thought it was to prevent the exact issue it was causing?

Also have a black rear rim to put on now, but I had a 5 day weekend and I wasn't about to have my bike down for 3 days while I wait for them to swap the tire over. @sixpack577 I think you may have been right about getting tools to do tire changes myself, lol.

Had the tire swapped yesterday to the new rim. I got a bit heated when they brought out the chrome rim with so much damage on it. I asked why they would even put a new tire on that and they said people get angry when we tell them their rim is no good so we just put tires on them anyway. I about lost my poop after they told me that. :banghead:

IMG_4747[1].JPG

Had the tire swapped yesterday to the new rim. I got a bit heated when they brought out the chrome rim with so much damage on it. I asked why they would even put a new tire on that and they said people get angry when we tell them their rim is no good so we just put tires on them anyway. I about lost my poop after they told me that. :banghead:

Unfortunately the public stinks and they cause a great deal of this.

Automotive techs get mercilessly badgered all day long from a cheap populace. "Can't you fix it for $5 less?" Nobody wants to deal with that, so by default many of them proceed as though each customer will yell and scream over a dollar or two; because many do.

I realize that this instance is a safety issue and should be a "no go" in any case, so guys do not think that such escapes me. I am just saying that I also empathize with the techs who are obviously frustrated with being badgered to death by dummies who have no problem riding on that wheel.

Unfortunately the public stinks and they cause a great deal of this.

Automotive techs get mercilessly badgered all day long from a cheap populace. "Can't you fix it for $5 less?" Nobody wants to deal with that, so by default many of them proceed as though each customer will yell and scream over a dollar or two; because many do.

I realize that this instance is a safety issue and should be a "no go" in any case, so guys do not think that such escapes me. I am just saying that I also empathize with the techs who are obviously frustrated with being badgered to death by dummies who have no problem riding on that wheel.
I've worked with the general public quite a bit at previous jobs and I can fully relate to wanting to minimize the amount of frustration they can potentially cause you. But I also understand that personal feelings don't change how I am supposed to do my job and that information needed to be relayed about the condition of the rim.

And I specifically asked them to let me know if there was an issue with the rim that would cause it to not hold air. Instead they charged me another $32 to swap the tire from the clapped out rim to the black one.

And I specifically asked them to let me know if there was an issue with the rim that would cause it to not hold air. Instead they charged me another $32 to swap the tire from the clapped out rim to the black one.

Ah, totally agree. You set a detailed expectation for them but somehow they still completely failed. So that answers the question of whether there is anyone there that actually cares. Nope.

Total BS
It would've gotten fixed right for free...or me or him would've gotten an ass whippin...which is exactly what these people need.
The reason a situation like that didn't go down is because the two guys I was dealing with are just young guys in their early 20's just trying to make a few dollars and make it through the day. They are not the same person as who was responsible for changing the tire. The tire changing guy had already left for the day.

View attachment 1654538
I’m surprised you were able to get that bad boy to stop leaking air when the tire was first installed and you had that slow leak.

Just a little weekend update. The exhaust is far from perfect, but much better than that voodoo crap that was on the bike. It also feels a bit smoother in the low RPM's. With the voodoo setup I would get a bit of a stumble sometimes when slowly accelerating from a stop. Still need a new front rim and tire, and some adjustable rearsets but we are getting pretty close to where I want it to be!

IMG_4763[1].JPG

IMG_4765[1].JPG

IMG_4771[1].JPG

IMG_4758[1].JPG

1661638307839.png

Been doing some more painting and got tired of having no way to remove the undertail without breaking the glue or cutting wires so I cut the harness off an old o2 sensor and used that as a connector for the rear blinkers. I will need to post up some pictures of the whole bike soon. It's pretty damn ugly right now being half black half red.

IMG_4802[1].JPG

Love watching you bring this thing back from near death
Thanks brother! I'll have to say I really enjoyed the process of fixing the transmission, but this painting stuff gets me pretty worked up sometimes. I'm just so bad at it :banghead:

However the mods will have to come to a halt real soon. I've said it multiple times but my landlord is selling the house I live in so not real sure where I may end up. I've been wanting to buy my own house, but not quite there yet. Going to have to sell my CTSV to come up with a bigger down payment fund. I don't think I will have everything in place before my current home is sold so it's going to get real interesting real quick! Will probably end up putting everything in storage and living life a day at a time.

Back