First Busa - Woo Hoo!

Rocketman

Registered
Guys/Girls - I did it!  I finally got my own.  
iamwithstupid.gif

After years of reading and investigating and deciding and contemplating - I finally pulled the trigger.  I finally balled-up and went to the store 2 weeks ago, no outwardly evident purchase intentions - and walked away with an '04 Limited.  OH - MY - GOSH!

OK... enough excitement.  
rock.gif

I've been reading various posts and man am I glad you guys are out there.

So I have in the past 10 days put 600 miles on the babe and am going home to change the oil and such tonight.  I read the posts on that.  I read some posts on factory chain problems. I read some on brakes.

My concern is the factory chain.  Should I rush out and buy a different chain? I can't imagine that thing flying off and ruining things - especially since my wife frequents as pillion as do my sons.  I am a conservative rider so maybe that's a factor.  Thoughts on the chain?

Anyway - thanks all of you for your posts.

Yeah baby yeah!  
race.gif

Nah, Don't sweat the chain man, keep it lubed and adjusted you should be good to go.

I still think it's good idea to have the bike looked at by the dealer for your initial service. It might be real handy down the road if something comes up.

Welcome to the board!
smile.gif
Ummm...you're supposed to be posting pics right about now...
tounge.gif

I've only had to adjust my stock chain once, lubed every now and again...no problems, 7000 miles...great, did I just jinx myself again?! I'll be posting about a broken chain tomorrow...jeez...

Perhaps it will break on the way back from getting your tire fixed?

Congrats on the new busa. Would love to see some pics. Youve had ten days now???

congrats... and dont worry about the chain. 8500 miles on mine just lube it and clean it once in a while....... enjoy
biggrin.gif

Don't sweat changing the chain right away. Keep it clean and lubed and adjusted correctly and you should be good to go for a while. I've adjusted mine twice in just over a year and 10,000 miles with no problems.

Congrats on the new ride.

Welcome and congrats...Only need for new chain is increase in HP at this point...
evil.gif

Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the board! No need for a new chain, but posting pics is a necessity! I agree with Rev, have the dealer do the first service as it may pay dividends for you later on.

Congrats on the new purchase....and welcome aboard.

Like everyone else says...chain should be fine. Just keept lubed and adjusted and you'll be alright. Mine had 11,000 in it, no probs.

Welcome and congrats on your new <span style='color:red'>RED</span> Busa ... and yeah what everyone else said about the chain.

If you ride it aggresively change the chain immediately. If you ride conservatively don't worry and keep an eye on it. I strongly suggest changing the chain right now before you ride anymore but I am biased agains the stock chain since I broke mine and the engine cases. Just my .02 though.

Welcome aboard! And what they said about the chain....don't sweat it and keep it lubed and adjusted. Do a visual when you lube it...you'll be fine.

Dan

I made 16000 miles on my stock chain, with proper cleaning and adjustments.
Congrats on the new Busa.

I've only had to adjust my stock chain once, lubed every now and again...no problems, 7000 miles...great, did I just jinx myself again?!  I'll be posting about a broken chain tomorrow...jeez...
Michelle,
Your not riding hard enough, I have to adjust my chain just about everyother ride. You need to start doing wheelies, rolling burnouts, and twisties starting today.  
tounge.gif

I expect your next post to read something like this:
I too am concerned about the chains strength and the amount of stretch it has had. It seems I have to adjust this thing after every ride. Not a hard core rider but like 1/2 mile long wheelies, tripling the posted speed in corners, and a 200mph run once or twice a day!
Update:
My chained snapped while racing a ZX-10 with turbo, nitrous, blower, and a jet engine, dammit...  
face7.gif

Back