Fire near my house

lil charlie

Registered
For those of you not following Fast08busa’s post: pinging lil charlie click here

I have a fire that is burning a few miles down the street from me. It started Sunday afternoon in the Coronado National Forest of the Huachuca Mountains. Until this afternoon it was burning up the mountains (started at the base of it) and was spreading through different canyons. Well today it shifted directions and crossed over the hwy and into 2 towns. So far I have seen where about 65 houses have been destroyed in the mountain and several hundred about to be destroyed in town. I hope it gets put out soon but it doesn’t look good right now. I need some prayers for these people please.

PS. how do I link other post to my post, like Fast08busa's pinging lil charlie ??

0615-big_view-rich[1].jpg

huachuca fire.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
MAn seriously, if u need ANYTHING let me know, I will haul my butt down to sierra vista in a minute if u need. 4805530480
Posted via Mobile Device

65 homes are already gone and I expect to wake up to find out about dozens more. I will see how it goes but I may be asking for the power of the Org to send me clothes and toiletries that I can take to my local Red Cross office. I am a member of the Red Cross as a CPR and 1st aid instructor so I know it will get put to good use.

There are 2 helicopters and one plane dropping water and slurry. There path to the supply puts them directly over my house; they are making several round trips and hour. I hope they get the areas where the houses are squared away tonight.

They are not saying how many houses burnt over the night until they can notify the home owners. A buddy of mine who is a fire fighter said he saw at least 8.

So far I don't even see much smoke but they are saying zero % contained. It looked just like this yesterday morning too, then lunch time comes around and the winds pick up and bam...huge towers of smoke like in the above picture. That smoke pic was taken at 1:00 yesterday....just one hour before that you could barely see any smoke. They are reporting that the fire charred at least 2000 more acres last night.

I know what you are going through. I went through this back in 1996 when I lived in Texas. All the houses behind me and to the south of us burned, the fire was stopped about 1/4 mile from our home. Scary stuff for sure. Have all your important stuff packed and already in the car so you can get out quickly if need be.

I hope and pray they can get this under control soon.

I know what you are going through. I went through this back in 1996 when I lived in Texas. All the houses behind me and to the south of us burned, the fire was stopped about 1/4 mile from our home. Scary stuff for sure. Have all your important stuff packed and already in the car so you can get out quickly if need be.

I hope and pray they can get this under control soon.

Yep, its moving closer. Just in the time I went hom for lunch I can see by the smoke that it is at least 1 canyon closer....maybe 2!

Back