Fire extinguisher in your garage?

NIGHTFLIGHT

Banned
That works that is?
Me Amigo was working on a bike this week.
He has several bikes in his garage.
Backfired when he went start it had flames @ carbs.And fuel line leaking gas.
He grabbed his trusty Fire extinguisher pulled pin nothing didnt work.
I Guess didnt want grab hose because gas.The kz1000 he was working on went up in a blaze.He ran across street got neighbors extinguisher and got it out.The fire dept even showed up.Bike toast + damaged his garage almost burnt it down.He said the killer was that his first try didnt work.

If I had a garage..:laugh:

Now that you bring it up, I probably need to get one for where ever around the place anyway.

Oh yea!!!

100_0699.jpg

I have one in the boat in the garage but I also have a sprinkler system installed.
Posted via Mobile Device

ive got a couple spread throughout the house, but not in the garage. ill be putting one in there tomorrow for sure. cant believe i never thought to have one in there before :banghead:

I was cutting out a ball joint on an old car I had several years ago and started the grease on fire from the ball joint in the front end of the car. I grabbed the first water in the garage and threw it on the fire, not taking time to think... It was windshield washer fluid ( a real dumb thing to do! DUH) That stuff burns real nice! Say HI to a real big fire! Next move was the fire extinguisher that I was trying not to use because I was being cheap! Cheap almost got out of hand there... :whistle:

One in the garage and two in the house. Aren't those bare necessities, kind of like a disaster KIT! :poke:

I have 2 in the garage and 3 more threw out the house. The house isn't even mine, I just rent a room from a friend.

a must have :rulez:.2 in the shed.5 in the house.i might wanna check them tho just in case i go thro what your buddy went thro

i be sure to keep a couple around.

as said its good to keep the dry chem ones up to date. every so often you should pick it up and shake it. if the powder wont move, it may not work.

water is good but if theres some oil that catches fire, not so good.

i be sure to keep a couple around.

as said its good to keep the dry chem ones up to date. every so often you should pick it up and shake it. if the powder wont move, it may not work.

water is good but if theres some oil that catches fire, not so good.

What have you done with our friend MattStang :poke:

heres some info since we're on the topic.

i agree with everything here. except for one. esp with how we will probably use it.

if you have something that can be blown around, do not aim directly at the base. the fire can scatter, go under things, etc etc. if it is an item that could scatter such as wood. first blanket the source, by sweeping over the area, then begin to soak the base of the fire.

Exelgard_FireChart_Only-1000.jpg

Joking aside it is an excellent idea to have a few placed in diff areas of the house.
You never know what may happen .

Back