My Interest just received a major spark...

I would send a friend over...someone he doesnt know to try to sell him something when his garage is open and have some small talk. Or maybe you can go over and ask if you can borrow a tool. Introduce yourself and say you are a motorcyclist. Create small talk but no be obvious asking too many questions. Then call PD.

working on it beleive me. im gonna investigate best i can withut smashing down the garage door and looking lol:thumbsup:

I am going to agree with calling the PD. If you filed a report with the PD, and your bike IS in fact in that garage, god forbid in pieces, then I'm sure you will be filled in. I would call them and tell them, "hey. I think this guy's got a chop shop, my bike was stolen in September and this is what the color, the mods that were done to it..." they might find pieces of it in there." I would call them and call them TODAY!

That actually happened on my street two years ago. My neighbors were drunk, fired a gun cops got called and they found a stolen bike that was in the process of the VIN's getting scratched off.

I would call the pd, also i would point a camera over there to record 24/7 and I may even sneak over for a peek, but i wouldn't open any doors or windows or break any laws myself...a sure fire way to get the pd out to the garage is to call and say you think the have a hostage held up in the garage next time they are out there and that you heard a women screaming and loud guns shots followed by what appeared to be a rolled up carpet carried out and placed into the trunk of a car (does your town have a crime stoppers hotline?)

Last edited:
I would just go over and start some small talk. Hey I seen you have a few bikes. The one you had running the other night sounded pretty good what is it? Maybe we could ride some time. Just make lots of small talk a get him talking maybe he will be cocky/dumb enough to take you into the garage. What ever you do don't kill him if you find parts from your bike. The jail time wouldnt be worth it.

i hardly every see him. hes been here 5 years or so and ive seen him maybe as 10 times.

I would recommend treading lightly here and not jumping to conclusions. For all we know, he and some of his friends ride/work on/race bikes and they were doing what any of us might be doing with bikes in a garage. That said, it is, of course, possible that you witnessed some kind of chop operation.

At this point, I would suggest observing and gathering more info. Try to develop a profile on the guy, maybe check to see if he has any kind of record, find out where he works/what he does and see if he lives beyond his means, etc. If an opportunity presents itself, peek inside the garage. Also, if he's sellin', he must have buyers and they can probably be found. What I would NOT do, is let him get wind that you are raising an eyebrow in his direction, b/c if he is a criminal you DON'T want to give him a reason to direct his attention to you and yours when/if he does get busted.

Bottom line, learn what you can on your own. If your suspicions continue, hire a private investigator. If that bears fruit, bring in the cops. But above all else, remain anonymous to the bad guys.

Best of luck!

Don't make an anonymous complaint. They'll keep your information confidential anyway. Also, try to get some digital photos of the garage the next time he has it open.

just walk over next time the door is open and introduce yourself and tell them you noticed he had some bike parts in there,you used to own a busa...blah blah blah,,,if he acts shadi (no pun intended) you know something is up and at that point contact to police,for all you know he could just be into bikes himself. you dont want to look like a dueche bag with this guy and esp the cops,you will be the boy who cried wolf if its all legit

What is up Homie !!! Need somebody to walk over there with you, you know I'm here !!!

considering how your bike got stolen, makes you wonder huh ? Never kept it at home, and the 1 time you leave it out back (where it can't be seen) to get something to eat, and then it's gone, and nobody saw anything. Even if they did see him walking around they wouldn't think anything, or even pay attention to what he was doing.

make an anonymous call to 5-0 next time he's out there with the bikes out, and say you saw a gun. My little brother had a paintball gun out one time, and a neighbor called (anonymous), and like 5 cops were there within 5 minutes of him going outside. If they see motorcycle parts out in the open they might start running numbers ??

ANYWAY I can help, don't hesitate to ask !!!!

You have to be really stupid to do something like that at your house specially if you stole your neighbor's bike

good luck bro! tread lightly, if he is guilty and he stole your bike it will be very hard not to beat his azz. if you still have a copy of the police report from where your bike was stolen try to get in touch with the officer you talked to then. you should be able to leave him a message at the station to call you, and talk to him about what you saw.

Back