FINISHED!

cool.gif

thing handles on RAILS! wow. very impressed with it actually. still gotta figure out one more thing i noticed... i need a spacer in there somewhere that's about a quarter inch thick or so.. not even. sprocket slid out of the cush drive a little bit

Where does the spacer go?
rock.gif
In the wheel or on the swingarm???

<!--EDIT|GoldenChild
Reason for Edit: None given...|1138485154 -->

Rob,The busa rear spacers should work perfect..make sure the spacer inside the hub didn't fall out??

Bastids......Out riding!!!

Where does the spacer go?
rock.gif
 In the wheel or on the swingarm???
well i dont think i left a spacer out... maybe installed one wrong? i dunno.. i'm gonna pull out the measuring tape and see if there is any difference from stock for some odd reason.

the spacer... if i were to guess... would need to be on the side of the brake bracket. since the chain tracks straight and the cush drive got pulled out to that side, i just need to push the wheel over that way a little was my guess. didnt want to just torque the #### out of the thing and see what happens lol.

well i had to cut 6 links off my chain, so its considerably shorter just not sure the exact amount yet

how did you support the bike while installing it? Going to be doing an arm soon and wanted to know.
rock.gif

what I did was I used a scissor jack from my car, jacked up the bracket on the bottom that the belly pan attaches to, and had someone hold the bike upright to prevent a tip over. then slipped some jackstands underneath the rearsets and it worked great.

heres a pic... that bar going across was so that i could tie the swingrm to it when installing the shock since i had to take it out and put it in nearly 100 times i swear.

short_bus_001.JPG

It does look great. I am still up in the air on that mod. I know the shorter wheelbase will be a huge advantage for the type of riding I do.

Could you get me a wheel base axle to axle?

what do i look like here? lol. jk. it's not just simple bolt on I had to do quite a bit of grinding to make this thing work, and i'm sure most people would be scared to get into what i just did lol.

ill measure it later but i think its somewhere around 57" .. that was a rough measure

Hey man how far are you from Springfield MA? I'm in Chicopee which is only about 10 minutes away from the Basketball Hall of Fame, if youre pretty close we should get together for a ride , I have a buddy with an 05 LE about 2 house down from me too. Just let me know.

Back