gps  mount finally installed

loboboy

Donating Member
Registered
I finally got a GPS mount from cycoactive.com, they hooked me up. The ram mount is the best I have seen and sturdy enough it would hold me up.  
biggrin.gif

pics down below!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<!--EDIT|loboboy
Reason for Edit: None given...|1093216992 -->

How much did it cost you ? let's see some pictures soon
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|madlyhs
Reason for Edit: None given...|1093148509 -->

ok here are the pics, I am going to try this but can't promise anything. I always have problems posting pics but here they are.

<!--EDIT|loboboy
Reason for Edit: None given...|1093216273 -->

DSC01337.JPG

last but not least, the details are the mount came from cycoactive.com, the brand of mount is Ram, and it fits the GPSMAP60C and 60CS. I also installed the power cord to run the GPS off of the bikes battery. This little unit has 56m of built in memory color screen which you can see clear as day in the direct sunlight. I work up all of my routes on the puter then download them into to unit for the trip.

prices you may ask, the unit I got was from crutchfield at 449.00 then the mount and power adapters was 100.00 then I bought the extra software for detail city maps, a vehicle mount, carry case, and cigarette lighter adapter direct from Garmin. I know it is spendy but I think Garmin has the best product and support. I like having access to download software updates for the unit so I can keep it up to speed with the latest and greatest.

Let me know what you guys think.

<!--EDIT|loboboy
Reason for Edit: None given...|1093216860 -->

DSC01333.JPG

Very Cool, one thought though, well a couple actually.
-Is it height adjustable? I mean that thing is way up there...
- 143MPH Top Speed??? Please tell me that was in your Truck... and not Busa stuck in third.
-Lastly get all them other Keys and crud off your Busa key before you end up scratching the shid outta your tripple cover.

Rev

Oh, I see it on the last couple of shots, I like that option... Cool. I gotta learn some patience.

Very Cool, one thought though, well a couple actually.  
-Is it height adjustable?  I mean that thing is way up there...  
- 143MPH Top Speed???  Please tell me that was in your Truck...  and not  Busa stuck in third.
-Lastly get all them other Keys and crud off your Busa key before you end up scratching the shid outta your tripple cover.

Rev
143 thats what I do down my drive way!!!!
tounge.gif
the truck goes much faster.

I am pretty happy with it, I will fix that 143 problem later.

I will get those keys off immediately SIR!!!!!!!!!!!

I think the gps was expressing it's love for it's new home with that 143 statement.
biggrin.gif
Sorry had to dig up old posts trying to find that particular mount for my gps unit.

thats cool man, actually it works out for more people than you think. There area lot of new people around that may have questions about the GPS stuff and don't know where to look.

I have the lowest end garmin geko 101.

I"m trying to figure out a way to fab up a bracket for it. I"m thinking of adapting a cheap cell phone holder of some type.
smile.gif

thats a nice mount....
biggrin.gif

I have the same GPS unit... getting mine fabricated. One of my good friend is
a fabricator, and he is doing it FREE
tounge.gif

I have a sweet mounting unit for a Gramin Etrex legend that I'm getting ready to mount. I may do it tonight and post some pics. Got it at Circuit City for about $10 really adjustable, just ahve to move it from the truck to the Busa. PZ ayyyout.

Back