Finally purchased my first Busa :)

kingsolomon12

Registered
I could not be happier to finally own this bike. I have loved Busa’s since first inception in 99 and have always wanted one.

I’ve been a member on this forum for 20 years and can’t thank you guys enough for the wealth of knowledge over the years.

I have not riden in 10 years but recently got the itch and couldn’t restrain myself. Bike was delivered to my home this evening and I’ll be taking my first ride in the am.

My previous bikes were made up of 2 GSXR 600’s, a GSXR 1000 and my last bike a decade ago was a Ducati 1098s. I was unfortunately involved in an accident with that bike (not my fault, standard some bellend turned left in front of me and I was unable to react in time to do anything about it) and that was the end of my riding days… until now :) I was contemplating buying a Panigale V4S or used V4R but truth be told I never went to a track with any of my previous bikes and quite honestly I’ve never dragged my knee in a corner. Also given I am older now I wanted something that was potentially a little more comfortable. Saw a 25th Anniversary and had to have it.
I had the dealer add the Yoshi slip ons as well as the fender eliminator and could not be happier with the overall look. Now just need to get some miles under my belt and to enjoy this beast.

IMG_2005.jpeg

IMG_2001.jpeg

I could not be happier to finally own this bike. I have loved Busa’s since first inception in 99 and have always wanted one.
Congratulations Congrats GIF

I’ve been a member on this forum for 20 years and can’t thank you guys enough for the wealth of knowledge over the years.

I have not riden in 10 years but recently got the itch and couldn’t restrain myself. Bike was delivered to my home this evening and I’ll be taking my first ride in the am.

My previous bikes were made up of 2 GSXR 600’s, a GSXR 1000 and my last bike a decade ago was a Ducati 1098s. I was unfortunately involved in an accident with that bike (not my fault, standard some bellend turned left in front of me and I was unable to react in time to do anything about it) and that was the end of my riding days… until now :) I was contemplating buying a Panigale V4S or used V4R but truth be told I never went to a track with any of my previous bikes and quite honestly I’ve never dragged my knee in a corner. Also given I am older now I wanted something that was potentially a little more comfortable. Saw a 25th Anniversary and had to have it.
I had the dealer add the Yoshi slip ons as well as the fender eliminator and could not be happier with the overall look. Now just need to get some miles under my belt and to enjoy this beast.

View attachment 1678791

View attachment 1678795

Very nice. Enjoy that new bike smell.

99.9% as mine :)
Have a wide road and a good season!

Looks great and I love the look of the Yoshi exhaust. I purchased my first Busa about two weeks ago and while I don't mind the look of the factory exhaust, looks better than the stock exhaust on my ZX14R, the Yoshi exhausts looks great. I'm going to add bar risers, lowered pegs, grip puppies and maybe a year from now go with some slip-ons. Have fun and ride safe

Had a chance to put a few miles on it today (roughly 60 miles) & was thoroughly impressed. I am choosing to follow the break in procedure as per the manual so can only imagine how this bike feels at WOT. Given how long ago it’s been since I have ridden & more so the advancements in motorcycle technology, I am loving the quick shifter, makes riding that much more pleasurable. We have a few days of rain ahead but I can’t wait for the weather to clear, get these break in miles out of the way and start to open this beast up. It feel like it just wants to keep on pulling !!! Very happy with my purchase & don’t think I could have picked a better bike for my riding style, also impressed with how comfortable I felt on the bike as far as ergonomics, I’m 6ft 3 and it seems to fit like a glove.

View attachment 1678791

View attachment 1678795
Great comeback bike, bro. I also got mine back in 2022 after 10 years of not riding. Felt so weird riding out of the shop with such a long, heavy bike. :D

Had a chance to put a few miles on it today (roughly 60 miles) & was thoroughly impressed. I am choosing to follow the break in procedure as per the manual so can only imagine how this bike feels at WOT. Given how long ago it’s been since I have ridden & more so the advancements in motorcycle technology, I am loving the quick shifter, makes riding that much more pleasurable. We have a few days of rain ahead but I can’t wait for the weather to clear, get these break in miles out of the way and start to open this beast up. It feel like it just wants to keep on pulling !!! Very happy with my purchase & don’t think I could have picked a better bike for my riding style, also impressed with how comfortable I felt on the bike as far as ergonomics, I’m 6ft 3 and it seems to fit like a glove.
I waited until the first oil change to give it the full beans, but honestly, she pulls so strong at low RPMs, I wasn't feeling the need to go past 6-7K RPM. The torque thrust was more satisfying than any literbike bike I rode before.

When it got its first oil change at 600 miles, I gave it the whole wrist and shifted at 9.5K RPM from 1st to 3rd to get a quick taste. I've never felt that sensation before. There was no powerband like with a literbike. It was a constant feeling of uninterrupted thrust.

I don't feel the need to flash it and unrestrict it. Even with stock restrictions, it feels faster than necessary to me, and some days she pulls harder than I expect or desire, and that's enough, ha-ha. I keep my sensitivity high by not overdoing it.

Back