Finally got to ride today!

Good Luck BT
wink.gif

I'm glad to see everybody is getting a chance to ride. I know I've been in a lot better mood since my ride. It's amazing how one simple ride can change how you feel for days to follow.
biggrin.gif

My day started off running errands since I had the day off.  Had to go to the bank and the DMV.  The whole time I was out, I kept noticing how nice it was getting.  Compared to the 10's and 20's, 40 something feels really nice.

I went out to the garage, and started up the Busa and the Road Sofa to get the fluids circulated again.  As I stood there looking at the sun shining and listening to the bikes run, I found myself gathering up my winter riding suit, gloves, neck warmer, and helmet.  I went inside, got the Heine Gerrike suit on, put on my Joe Rocket boots, and went back outside to mount the Busa and head off for a quick ride.

I headed out to my usual area about 30 miles west.  Fairly boring ride, but it felt so good to be back on two wheels.  I stopped for gas, a cup of coffee, and a smoke.  As I sat outside the station, the sun was warm on my face, and I decided to just go a bit further than I had planned.

I took off and went through all of my favorite area, but didn't push too hard since the snow is melting and there's a lot of runoff water on the roads.  It was a beautiful afternoon.  The air was crisp, but quite manageable.  I had a few high speed runs when the moments were right getting well into the triple digit speeds.  Dam, I have missed the Busa.  I got a few good launches out of some corners bringing the front end up a foot or so.  I also managed to spin up the rear pretty good, but luckily I was pointing straight when it happened.

Overall, it was an excellent day for a ride.  I finished up the day after putting another 120 miles on the Busa.  I feel rejuvenated after being trapped inside all winter.

Hope those of you still stuck inside due to the weather will get a chance to have a day like this soon.  I know how it feels to be trapped by the weather.
wink.gif
I've rode quite a bit this year at least 1000 miles
thing I like best no bugs, no sweating and the crazy looks and questions
like as I'm getting off taking my helmet off dude goes are you out riding a motorcyle

uh I go no right now I'm talking to u

he goes are u crazy it's to cold for riding

u know people really don't have a clue that motorcyclist

ride becsudse they love it and cold is mostly a mind thing

don't go crazy though 25 and below is a bit much

those days I drive my pacifica

happy to see so many people out riding this is why I didn't store I knew I waould want to ride

Lannie Settles

Back