Finally got to ride!

fallenarch

THE SLOW RIDER
Registered
Well I started on Friday night finishing the work I have been doing on the bike to get it cleaned up, replacing fasteners with corrosion, and a few other things. I finally got the drive cushions in the wheel. Turns out the side with the 3 dimples needs to be out. Once I flipped them they went right in. Still took 3 hours to get the wheel in right, I really don't know what was up with that I have done it a thousand times. Changed the brake fluid front and rear. Funny nothing was going right but bleeding the brakes front and rear took all of 20 minutes, go figure. Then I had everything back together, replaced the missing and old plastic rivets and polished her up. Went to put my Corbin seat back on and it would not fit! It has been off for about 3 weeks or so as I was working on some wiring. I cannot explaing this one but it's like the seat frame twisted. Anyway losened the screws put the seat on and then pulled it off and tightened them. Seems back to normal now.

Finally got everything done and all the yearly maintenance done and ready to ride on Sunday. It was SUnny and about 62 degrees - perfect. Looks like one of my forks is leaking, have to get that checked out. Otherwise the bike was awesome. Rode for 6 hours and was able to wear my regular gear (not my cold weather gear) so I could move around the bike and have a little fun. Roads were horrible though. Pot holes and salt and sand was all over so I had to really take it easy.

Well I started on Friday night finishing the work I have been doing on the bike to get it cleaned up, replacing fasteners with corrosion, and a few other things. I finally got the drive cushions in the wheel. Turns out the side with the 3 dimples needs to be out. Once I flipped them they went right in. Still took 3 hours to get the wheel in right, I really don't know what was up with that I have done it a thousand times. Changed the brake fluid front and rear. Funny nothing was going right but bleeding the brakes front and rear took all of 20 minutes, go figure. Then I had everything back together, replaced the missing and old plastic rivets and polished her up. Went to put my Corbin seat back on and it would not fit! It has been off for about 3 weeks or so as I was working on some wiring. I cannot explaing this one but it's like the seat frame twisted. Anyway losened the screws put the seat on and then pulled it off and tightened them. Seems back to normal now.

Finally got everything done and all the yearly maintenance done and ready to ride on Sunday. It was SUnny and about 62 degrees - perfect. Looks like one of my forks is leaking, have to get that checked out. Otherwise the bike was awesome. Rode for 6 hours and was able to wear my regular gear (not my cold weather gear) so I could move around the bike and have a little fun. Roads were horrible though. Pot holes and salt and sand was all over so I had to really take it easy.

:poke: Sounds like one of those days I have in rhe garage. Thanks 4 sharing.

I ride practically every day. Fortunately I don't have to normally put up with ice or snow and glad of it. Glad you got your ride on

I ride practically every day. Fortunately I don't have to normally put up with ice or snow and glad of it. Glad you got your ride on

I'm up to where I ride every day. I even rode to work the other week in the snow. A group of us went to the mtns. on Sat. and there we ran into the salt and sand on the roads. Both wheels were covered in salt by the time we got home, but no problems with grip, all the sand was on the edges.

fallenarch, I normally have days like that in my garage. Most times everything goes wrong, but occasionally, I luck out.

Back