Finally got to ride today!

stkr00

Slower Traffic Keep Right ! ! &#
Donating Member
Registered
My day started off running errands since I had the day off. Had to go to the bank and the DMV. The whole time I was out, I kept noticing how nice it was getting. Compared to the 10's and 20's, 40 something feels really nice.

I went out to the garage, and started up the Busa and the Road Sofa to get the fluids circulated again. As I stood there looking at the sun shining and listening to the bikes run, I found myself gathering up my winter riding suit, gloves, neck warmer, and helmet. I went inside, got the Heine Gerrike suit on, put on my Joe Rocket boots, and went back outside to mount the Busa and head off for a quick ride.

I headed out to my usual area about 30 miles west. Fairly boring ride, but it felt so good to be back on two wheels. I stopped for gas, a cup of coffee, and a smoke. As I sat outside the station, the sun was warm on my face, and I decided to just go a bit further than I had planned.

I took off and went through all of my favorite area, but didn't push too hard since the snow is melting and there's a lot of runoff water on the roads. It was a beautiful afternoon. The air was crisp, but quite manageable. I had a few high speed runs when the moments were right getting well into the triple digit speeds. Dam, I have missed the Busa. I got a few good launches out of some corners bringing the front end up a foot or so. I also managed to spin up the rear pretty good, but luckily I was pointing straight when it happened.

Overall, it was an excellent day for a ride. I finished up the day after putting another 120 miles on the Busa. I feel rejuvenated after being trapped inside all winter.

Hope those of you still stuck inside due to the weather will get a chance to have a day like this soon. I know how it feels to be trapped by the weather.
wink.gif

Yeah, it was a great day to ride here today, too... and I was stuck at WORK!!!
mad.gif
Tomorrow and Sunday are lining up to be even better. High 50's to low 60's and sunny... And I work both days...
drooling3.gif
At least Monday and Tuesday look ok on the forecast as well. Maybe, just MAYBE I'll get to roll out one or both of those days.
biggrin.gif

Oh, and congrats on gettin' out there today Jim. I don't hate ya... much... for it.
laugh.gif

I thought about taking her out today also. But I think I want to give her an oil change first, due to her sitting all winter and doing my exhaust upgrade. I would just feel more comfortable.

I got out for about 30 miles is it. I didn't get on her til around 4:30. Felt great to be on her. Hit 130 a couple times on open straight stretches. Still had some people giving me weird looks. I think it's supposed to be warmer tomorrow. Can't wait. Congrats on your ride....You are not alone!

40's? ? ? I saw 64 down here!! I rode this morning... VERY white knuckled! frozen frost everywhere, followed a guy home at lunch to pick up his Harley and we took the LOOOONG way back
biggrin.gif
Glad to hear you Iowans taking advantage of this freakish weather!!! way to go!

mad.gif
Tomorrow and Sunday are lining up to be even better. High 50's to low 60's and sunny... And I work both days...
drooling3.gif
At least Monday and Tuesday look ok on the forecast as well. Maybe, just MAYBE I'll get to roll out one or both of those days.
biggrin.gif

Oh, and congrats on gettin' out there today Jim. I don't hate ya... much... for it.
laugh.gif
If it makes you feel any better, the forcast for tomorrow is in the 50's with sun, but after that, Monday thru Thursday is calling for rain and snow again.

At least we don't get the ice storms you get down there.
wink.gif

Thanks for working and keeping the streets safe.
beerchug.gif

40's? ? ? I saw 64 down here!! I rode this morning... VERY white knuckled! frozen frost everywhere, followed a guy home at lunch to pick up his Harley and we took the LOOOONG way back
biggrin.gif
Glad to hear you Iowans taking advantage of this freakish weather!!! way to go!
My white knuckle ride was going through some curves while the roads were wet and then all of a sudden you're in a shady area. You just never know if it's ALL thawed out yet.

Spring is coming...Finally!
cool.gif

stkr, glad that you had a good time
smile.gif

Its always such a "rush" to be on 2 wheels... love it
biggrin.gif

man I have to tell you I am beginning to jones for a ride. My rearsets are stuck in freaking CA getting chromed and I could be out riding today. the 2-3 day turn around has now become 4-8 weeks!!!!!!

bill and greg.... you guys really must want to ride. No matter how nice the weather I always withstand riding until spring after the first rain.

I was actually thinking bout selling the Busa this spring and get ahead on some other things. After my ride yesterday and today, that thought has left my mind.

Glad some folks were able to get out and do a little ridin'! I know how it is to be cooped up with the bad weather and not be able to ride. Spring is just around the corner and maybe I will be home soon after that so it's all good! Enjoy everyone!

My wife & I got in about 100 miles on the Busa today. great twisty road, HWY 125 for those familiar. It was my first long ride on it, and it was great. That bike handles way better than I thought it would
smile.gif
. I just washed it off as there was salt on the lower fairing
wow.gif

Finally got to get out today too. 30 to 40 mph wind gusts but I loved every mile of it. I'm ready for spring so I can ride everyday again.

Can wait to get out and do some riding, weather here in Washington has not been the best, seems to be nice during the week when at work an rains on the weekend. The good roads are still under snow, so we just wait, good thing is it keeps the miles down on the bike. When the sun comes out it's ride ride ride, a good ride will be 500 miles plus one day and home before it get dark, got to love the long summers here.

Got a ride in today myself. almost 50 , supposed to be Sunday. The hardest part was getting out of the driveway, and dodging puddles. It was nice though getting the busa out, trying to get a ride in at least one day every month, so far so good.

mad.gif
drooling3.gif
biggrin.gif

laugh.gif
If it makes you feel any better, the forcast for tomorrow is in the 50's with sun, but after that, Monday thru Thursday is calling for rain and snow again.

At least we don't get the ice storms you get down there.
wink.gif

Thanks for working and keeping the streets safe.
beerchug.gif
You know I was just kiddin'. I'm glad you had the weather to get out and ride.
beerchug.gif
Looks like I may get my roll on Monday and/or Tuesday. Just gotta remember to go easy on those cold tires. It's been so long since I got to ride that I want to RAIL! The pavement and tires just ain't gonna be ideal for it I'm afraid. Wish me LUCK!
devil.gif

beerchug.gif

Back