finally got the rectifier replaced today!!!

hemi

Registered
after a looooong wait, i finally got the recall done today. Dealer had them on back order for about 2 months. Was on my way home thinkin to myself on the freeway ride "i should have checked the seat bolts bc they probably had the seat off to check the voltage", but thought no way they forgot the bolts like the last dealer. What do u know, i get home and no bolts!!! They actually called me on the way home and realized they still had them, so they're mailing them to me since it's about 45 minutes away. Only the second time my baby has ever been to the dealer, and the first time they forgot to bolt the tank down. There's a reason i do all the work on the bike myself

tank was left unbolted by previous dealer:laugh: This was a different dealer i was trying out that forgot the seat bolts. Time to find another one:laugh: Should have know better to check everything possible before i left, i blame myself:poke:

You are lucky they forgot the seat bolts and not someting more important. dealers, do they all suck at service??? How the hell do they forget to finsh the job?? What a bunch of idiots.

the first dealer had the tank propped bc they were troubleshooting the bike bc it was having starting issues bc the rectifier was crappin out. Funny thing was, i told them it was the rectifier that was causing the starting problems the day i dropped it off. Week and a half later they called me and guess what they discovered was bad, the rectifier:rofl:

holy crap dude, I would have gone off on them.

yeah i could have, but that really would have gotten me no where. Normally i'm pretty easy going and understand people do make mistakes, at least they fessed up to it and are taking care of it right away. Now if they would have dropped or damaged the bike in anyway, it would have been a different story

Nice! Quality is job one!!
I dispise our local dealer here and hate the fact that
I have to let them do the recall. They have done similar things to past rides of mine.
I don't understand?

My dealer got angry with me when I asked if I could just pick my rectifier up and do it myself:laugh: Good thing they said no... cause they found that the 2 plug connectors for the rectifier were melted together by my Brock's header! They were "gentlemen" and replaced them for nothing:bowdown: So I bought a new pair of gloves from them. I'm such a sucker!!

Stealerships just plain suck. I would have wrather bought the part myself and changed it out myself than let a bunch of monkeys work on my bike. I had too many mishaps myself with them. I'm sure somewhere out there a decent shop exists but as to where i dunno!

Back