Bad NEW Rectifier???

StwBusa

Banned
Ok.... My bike was running perfect but decided to do the New rectifier recall thing.... This morning riding along..suddenly no gauges and bike dies... wont restart Battery seems dead... Well Dealer no help.. So I get a buddy to come and help we jumper the bike Its starts but once I disconnect the jumper cables about 30 secs later no dials work and bike dies again!!! So dealer sats new batt... I buy a new batt (110bux!!!) Bike starts and runs fine till tonight... Going home same thing,,, gauges die then bike does too!!! WTF!!!! This is a NEW rectifier so obviously something is killing the battery.... Is the new rectifier bad?????? Cant call dealer till the morning... Had to get cab home!!! Very pissed off right now........

take it back to the dealer and tell them they messed up. Good luck on a Saturday.

Definitely a problem with the repair. Take it back get them to fix it right. They need to make it right with the battery too.

You were stuck roadside? That dealer needs to shine up his crystal ball. Meantime check out the rectifier plug/wires.

That sux. Obviously it needs to go back to the dealer. The manuals have very detailed instructions on trouble-shooting the electrical system. I don't think you have an issue seperate from the rectifier.

Plus my dealer replaced my battery when they did the recall. All under recall/warranty. They should make it right...

This sounds all too much like Don Hardcastles problem, doesn't it?

Posted from my HTC EVO using tapatalk...

***** UPDATE****

Not a bad rectifier.... The Tech didn't plug it ib all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bike now good again..(Hopefully) Shizz happens I guess.... They refused to pay/refund me for new battery I didn't need though!!!

Were they the ones who told you that you needed a new battery? If so, the fault is theirs. Demand a refund.

Yes.... and I did demand and they said No... But the Bike is an '09 Perhaps a new battery is a good investment anyway?????

Yes.... and I did demand and they said No...

Go to whatever is your local equivalent of Fair Trading. - If the dealer sold you a part you didn't need because of a mistake made by the dealer, you should be entitled to a full refund.

EDIT: Actually, I would contact Suzuki America and tell them what has happened. Explain that the dealer was carrying out warranty/recall repairs, screwed it up, told you it was something else, charged you for a part you didn't need, discovered it was all their fault, then wouldn't give you a refund.

Failing that, well, dealerships usually have really large, expensive windows. I bet that replacing one of them would cost the dealer more than he charged you for that battery...

Failing that, well, dealerships usually have really large, expensive windows. I bet that replacing one of them would cost the dealer more than he charged you for that battery...
This ain't Oz rainbow...regrettably that's not how it's done here. Anyway, it'd be a tad obvious who did it don't you think?

STW...which dealer was this? I need to make sure I avoid them.
Never mind, just remembered this thread you started:
Let them know I needed them to replace my rectifier as per the recall.. They let me know when it came in .. Let me decide when to visit them and they did whilst I waited...40 Mins.. Great service!!!

Thanks!!!!

Honda-Suzuki North Farmers Branch (Dallas Suburb) Tx:cheerleader:
STILL think they give great service?

Glad you're back under way though. To bad the dealer was a turd, that really sux and them leaving you road-side is total crap!

When the rectifier gave up the ghost in mine it was 4pm, rush-hour evening trafffic in NoVA and the dealer came to collect us in an hour or so (not bad considering). Theu fixed her up over night and had us back on the road the next day.

Note to self: stay clear of Honda Suzuki North Farmers Branch in Dallas Tx.

Never mind, just remembered this thread you started:

STILL think they give great service?

Errrr... What do you think???:rofl::rofl: Very disappointed now... Not so much that they screwed up.... I mean that can happen Right??? But their lack of acceptance of some responsibility etc is very disconcerting...:whistle:

Back