FINALLY got the Hayabusa to the Gap

Josh

Registered
Having ridden down on the cruiser so many times, I finally got down to Deal's Gap with the Hayabusa and it was everything I hoped it would be. My only regrets are that:

a) There were no photographers on the Skyway the days we were, because we did some things that I need photographic evidence of. Mostly just to give me giggles at how low we got.
b) My geometry could probably use a little adjustment. I've not set the sag (or had it set) yet. Also, the scoot was pissed off at the trailer and one of the forks decided to weep a little.
c) Everybody we went down to hang out with were on cruisers so we rode out in the front a lot, mostly by ourselves.
d) I had to stop and head back to Maggie Valley on Saturday evening because the front tire was getting fairly thin.
e) Ali wasn't up for riding with me on Saturday, so I was playing solo (she's an awesome co-pilot and loves the ride)
f) There were more than a few on beautiful Ultras and Glides who thought tipping into a single turn 5 different times at 10 MPH was awesome enough that I should want to watch the whole show. Those paved spots beside the road aren't overflow seating for that ****.

Anyway, some pics just because I'm still giddy and looking forward to my next trip down.

TheMagic.png

gapshot.png

Screen shot 2011-07-30 at 11.19.39 PM.png

We LOVE the Dragon, great that you got to finally enjoy it!

Got any pucks on them there jeans? :poke:

No sir, and that slowed me down. If I could stop fixing bikes and cars long enough to save some money, I'd get some decent pants and pick up the speed, lol.

Sent from my HTC Evo using Tapatalk and furious fingers

We LOVE the Dragon, great that you got to finally enjoy it!

It had been a little boring on the cruiser the last few trips, for sure. Much better on this big girl.

Sent from my HTC Evo using Tapatalk and furious fingers

I just got back from there this weekend! It was Awesome and met a couple of guys from the forum.

Frazier71
06 Busa

Back