HMan finally rides the Dragon

HMan

Registered
I'm trying to write this as best I can but be forewarned I'm pretty heavily drugged. I apologize ahead of time for any typos, bad punctuation, etc.

Twistiest stretch of road in the U.S. I've always been within 15 to 20 minutes of it when down there but had never went and actually run it. Finally did.

I have to say, I wouldn't want to ride it a lot. It got old quick. Now the roads around it, like usual, are what I go down there for and will continue to go down there for.

We will probably go back for a whole weekend in the near future. This weekend was kind of bad because I had an absessed tooth and I rode down on Saturday and came back Sunday.

I chewed up my tires pretty bad down the middle on the way there even though we took a lot of back roads to get there. The curves were good once we got well down into Kentucky passed bowling green. Then, once we got to the Gap I chewed up the sides pretty good. Not quite "race track" damage but had quite a bit of rubber balled up around the sides. What wasn't balled up had turned blue.

Took a few pictures but it was getting late by the time we got there so I didn't grab too many.

Washed and waxed before heading out.

Looking out the other side of the overlook.

Parked overlooking the lake and damn.

My Dad and his bike with the wife my wife sitting on the wall.

Another Busa coming out of the Gap.

My Dad and I. After the 400+ miles to get there and running the gap both directions I was TIRED. Never mind the fact I was hurting badly from an absessed tooth. I didn't take my medicine for several hours so that I wouldn't be messed up while I ran the gap. Once we hit TGI Friday's though, drugs were happening. LoL

Sweet car (one of my faves) that was there. It had been parked on the other end at the Deals Gap resort but came down the road as we were getting ready to leave.

<!--EDIT|HMan
Reason for Edit: None given...|1119398042 -->

Nice pic,s! A bunch of us are going up on Sat. during the Honda Hoot.
smile.gif

Back