My first trip to the Dragon

Pfal

Registered
It was good to meet some of you guys Friday night At the Phillips.

Unfortunately I was not able to meet up for the Saturday morning ride. My buddy that came up from Atlanta had some electrical issues (dead battery). Finally got it running by pushing the bike down a hill. Warriors are way heavy to push. I think I've pushed about every bike but a BUSA. LOL

We found a bike shop that had a battery in stock(smith power sports) down in Franklin. The funny part was that his bike miraculously healed itself. Down side he had to <span style='color:darkblue'></span>buy the battery they charged and had  to pay.............. hold on to your wallets...............$229 but was givin a deal at $160. Great shop but I would never buy a battery there unless it came with "a happy ending"  

Well back on track with this post. I stayed till Tuesday in Bryson city. Upon leaving I flipped a coin to plan which way to go home tails was west  to the DRAGON and heads was east up to the Blue Ridge Parkway.
Ding, ding, ding....... the winner was The Dragon (tails never fails)

What a blast, there was not one LEO on the Dragon for over four hours. I had the best riding session I've ever had. I burned up an entire tank of gas. It was the most fun and most gas I ever used without getting past 2nd gear.

That road is highly addictive. Can't wait to get back down there.

Draggin knees at the Dragon is the kewlist!!!!!

Over all my milage in the saddle for my little riding vacation was 2,310

ps Have any of you guys timed yourselves from the overlook to the gap? Not that anyone speeds that is.

beerchug.gif

Glad you had a good time!

As far as batteries go, I've had really good luck getting them at Batteries Plus. They're a heckuva lot cheaper than the stealer.

I think if I were riding like that, I wouldn't be wearing a helmet. Cause if I fell, I'm pretty sure I'd rather die than live through loosing all that skin. . .

funny thing was when he got off his bike and people finished taking pics, he got his bag and walked across the parking lot to the bathroom inside to put on clothes.

Back