Want to visit "The Dragon"

Aww man, that sucks. But thanks for your service!:bowdown: There's not much to know about the dragon. Just make sure you don't ride over your limit. There are some reducing radius turns and things that you need to be aware of before you try to go all out. And there's always the possibility of trucks in your lane. Also, the dragon isn't the only good road up that way. There are plenty of other fun roads like the skyway, hellbender, the parkway... Just go with the intent of having fun and being safe and you'll have a great time!

Take it slow your first couple times thru, And always make sure you stay in your own lane and watch for all the other crazy people in cages and on bikes. And like Zoinks siad there is alot of other awesome roads also, I love Hellbender myself.

Aww man, that sucks. But thanks for your service!:bowdown: There's not much to know about the dragon. Just make sure you don't ride over your limit. There are some reducing radius turns and things that you need to be aware of before you try to go all out. And there's always the possibility of trucks in your lane. Also, the dragon isn't the only good road up that way. There are plenty of other fun roads like the skyway, hellbender, the parkway... Just go with the intent of having fun and being safe and you'll have a great time!

thanks brother, i plan on stopping there on my way back from an east coast road trip. more than likely i'll be trailering the Busa. How are hotels in that area?

thanks brother, i plan on stopping there on my way back from an east coast road trip. more than likely i'll be trailering the Busa. How are hotels in that area?

Check out the phillips motel. It's a great place to stay. That's where pretty much everyone stays at the bash. It's right on 129. Just turn left out of the back and ride and you'll wind up at the dragon in a few minutes. It's about 30 minutes from the skyway, too. Other than that, there's a microtel somewhere around there that people stay at when the phillips gets full.

Give me some notice and we'll try and get everyone together and ride some cool roads. I'm about 2 hours east of the dragon

Check out some of the cabins that are available. Go to tailofthedragon.com and go to the lodging section on the right. I always stay at a place called snowbirdcreeklogcabin.com, it is a really nice log cabin and doesn't really cost more than a hotel and is right near the skyway. Go south to ride as well, Georgia 60/17 hit Brass bald mountain and Helen Georgia, very cool town. Also Wahaya rd. and Wolf Pen Gap. On the other end of the Skyway there are some good roads in TN. It is best to ride the popular roads like 129 and 28(Hellbender) during the week, weekends can be crazy but are a great time to hit some of the other roads, they are all good but due to the reputation of the Dragon it has gotten busy and alot of times with people who don't have the ability or experience to ride there or worse yet are not as fast as they think and are a real danger. I like to hit the gap after dinner time, usually lighter traffic. And remember it is all about your skill not HP and smooth=fast after 100+corners. Point and shoot will get you killed. STAYIN YOUR LANE!!!! Once you go once you will be hooked, I started going in 1991 when I lived in NC and it was just a legend I heard about when I picked up my Ducati in Raliegh. I go at least twice a year and have had bikes specifically for there for the last 15 years. Can't wait to retire and move there.

Id say ride some of the other roads in the area a bit before the Dragon, get ya the feel for the roads without all the tourists hot doggin for the camera's

When me and the wifey went last year, we did the tourist thing. Ya know putt around, stop and take pictures. Coming from the land of flat and straight roads, the dragon was a real eye opener! We went first thing in the morning when they unlocked the gates so we were the only ones on the road up and back. We did that so we could take our time to get used to the road first, and not be rushed by other speed demons.

Let's put it this way - the dragon is a 2ND GEAR ROAD. You can do the entire ride in the first 2 gears of your transmission. Make sure you do the Cherahola too, once you get out on it, some reallly nice sweepers and good road with less traffic and police presence.

Back